Eye Care Community
Gray dots on the whites of the eye
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gray dots on the whites of the eye

I found all these gray dots on the white part of my eyes. I don't feel any pain and I don't see them in my line of vision so they seem pretty benign.  It's simply that when I look in the mirror, I can see them.  There's a pattern in which the dots are in areas where the lid is so I would have to lift my lid or widen my eyes in order to see them.  I don't know if this makes a difference but I also have contacts.  I was just wondering what they were and if I could get them removed (don't worry, I'm not going to try to get rid of them myself or try anything without consulting a doctor).  Any input would be appreciated!
Tags: Eye