Eye Care Expert Forum
Grey discolouration around eye...please help!
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Grey discolouration around eye...please help!

I'm 16 years old, female, in case age is a factor or something.
The other day I got decorative eye contacts, wore them for about six hours - I'd disinfected them and all...it was my first time wearing contacts. I only wore them once.
Now though I notice a grey discolouration around the top and bottom of my iris, like crescents and I'm beginning to worry, after hearing about eye infections caused by contacts like these and all. I hope it isn't keratitis or something!
About my life recently, I have been eating more than usual (mostly junk food) and was wondering if that might be the cause instead (hopefully)...
I'm really worried, so if you could help me I'd be so appreciative!