Grey patches on white of eyeball
I've noticed I've got these small grey patches on the white of my eyeballs and was just wondering if anyone knew what they were? I'm short-sighted and my optometrists have never said anything about them. However, one of them asked if I had any eye diseases in the family and I said 'no'. (Forgetting that I actually do have a family history of eye disease. It just slipped my mind!) They don't cause any pain or anything so this question is simply just a question on interest. I've never seen them before on anyone else's eyes. Any ideas?
Those gray spots are usually thin spots in the sclera, often due to age ("scleral plaques")  

JCH MD
my 2 year old has 3 grey spots on her eye too since birth what is it from and should i get her eyes checked
Yes get it checked by your pediatrician or an ophthalmologist. They are usually and due to child have thin sclera and pigment collects around where small blood vessels or nerves enter into the choroid under the sclera, the choroid is pigmented. Often these go away as the child's sclera gets thicker with age.

JCH MD
if they are suppossed to go away how come she has ended up with more spots she only had them in one eye at a year she now has them in both along with a dark blueish semi ring in one eye right above her iris
I have the same exact issue with my son have you gotten any answers from doctors? My sons doc originally told me it was nothing to worry about but now he has more spots so I am concerned what causes this and why?
Only an exam by an Eye MD ophthalologist can tell you what it is and if it is worrisome.  ask your pediatrician to refer you to a pediatric ophthalmologist
In that cases show your pediatrician and/or see an ophthalmologist for an evaluation.  You can also go to Dr. Hagan's blog and read the section on "blue sclera"

JCH MD
I have these and noticed them since age 12-14 and I remembered about having gravel kicked into my eyes when I was (6-7), stones and such... Is this why I have them?
Nope