Eye Care Expert Forum
Grey vision one eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Grey vision one eye
Hi, I am having trouble with my right eye. When I wake some mornings my right eye seems to take a second to catch up. It looks like a grey fog that lifts after half a minute. My left side is also somewhat numb and I feel exhausted. It takes a while to feel better. This happened before about half a year ago. Went to neur-ophtho but it took a few months to see her. By then my eye felt better. She did tests. Saw that my blind spot had enlgarged in that eye. She couldn't tell me exactly what it was. Just said it was some inflammation. My color vision in that eye was more grey as well. It has been fine since last fall but now it's getting to be almost every day. I have no insurance so I am loathe to go back for something small. What do you think it could be?
I'm sorry but this does not seem like something small at all.  Optic neuritis for one thing comes to mind, among other possibilities.  Your eyes are a very precious gift so make sure to at least go to an ophthalmologist in your area or ven the emergency room if you have to.
MJK MD