Growing very light brown tissue on sclera
Hello, I have had a small dark brown spot on my sclera since I was a kid.
As I got older the spot got bigger and lighter in color. It appears to be tissue that moves ... yes i have messed with it, and it looks gross! as my sister still says lol. It has never been painful but as it got bigger and now closer to my cornea, it now feels like there is something in my eye. I have read online about pterygium and it looks kind of like that only my tissue is on the top part of my eye (not nasal part) , light brown in color, and the tissue is a lot thinner in appearance ... therefore my question is can pterygium be in color and not in the nasal regions of the eye ? I'm probably completely wrong about all my theories I just hope i can get a lil help. I hope all the terms are correct and I apologize if they are not... Im just worried the brown color might mean cancer...
The picture is out of focus. It is not a pterygium and cancer is unlikely. You look as if you have a dark complexion. Pigment on the conjunctiva is very common in brown eyes and dark skin. Nevertheless you should see an ophthalmologist for a definitive diagnosis. In that position its rarely visible to others.

JCH MD
I posted another picture in my profile pics i don't know if that's a bit clearer. yes I am going to make an appointment as soon as possible.. I am mostly concerned that it will grow closer to the cornea or over it. It is very irritating at times and my eye turns really red and sensitive. ( I had an episode yesterday) It feels like I have something in my eye.  yes I am dark complected. Does pigmentation on conjuctiva  grow in size? It was smaller and darker before....... Nevertheless thank you for your quick response and crossing the cancer possibility out ! Your knowledge is greatly appreciated :)
Generally pigment in the conjunctiva is not painful or irritating. I can't tell any more from that picture.  Do make sure you get to the proper type of physician. If you live in the USA find and eye MD ophthalmologist at www.aao.org   elsewhere ask your personal MD for a referra. I'm sure you can be helped.

JCH MD