Eye Care Expert Forum
Had cataract surgery results central retinal artery occlusion?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I had cataract surgery thursday. Went to doctor on friday remove patch and couldn't see.  Was seen by a retina specialist the results are central retinal artery occlusion?   Help.
I am very sorry for your awful situation.  I would want to know if the central retinal artery occlusion was present before the cataract surgery and if not, did the surgery have something to do with it.  In general the prognosis for this problem is rather grim.  I'm very concerned and wondering if maybe if it was present before surgery.  If it is brand new right after surgery, that would be a very rare event.

MJK MD
What do you mean by very grim.

maxmax4
A related discussion, VISION WORSEN ONE WEEK AFTER SURGERY was started.