Eye Care Expert Forum
Halos

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Halos
Is it normal to have halos at night after having cataract surgery on my left eye in June and on my right eye in July?
At this time, night driving is out.  I have some halos during the day.  
You could still have some astigmatism, refractive error, posterior capsule opacification, or corneal problems.  Your symptoms are not normal and you should speak with your surgeon to find out the cause and the treatment.  I am assuming you have monofocal lenses because if you have multifocal lenses, then halos are very common.

MJK MD
Thank you for the quick response.   I forgot to mention in my first message that I have Restor lens.     Is there any possibility that the halos will go away with time?