Has anyone had a floater only vitrectomy with the latest 27 gauge instruments
Many floaters after cataract surgery in 2010, then pvd in right eye in September 2015 which is still there. Just had a checkup with local retinal specialist who casually suggested  a FOV using 27 gauge instruments. I had corneal swelling after 1st cataract surgery seven years ago for two months, so I'm terrified of something bad happening. But my floaters are ruining my quality of life and I can't make a decision. I'm now 65. And what about the newest in Ellex lasers for removing floaters that way?
I would strongly suggest you get at least 3 surgerys that do retina surgery before you make your decision.  Yes there is a new laser that is supposed to help some types of floaters in some parts of the eye. As far as i know that is not being done in Kansas City MO USA where I practice. Yag laser treatment didn't work out well and there are quite a few unhappy posters that had floater only vitrectomies.