Eye Care Expert Forum
Having eye problems
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Having eye problems

I have been having eye problems for a while now. I use to wear eye contacts for awhile but then decided to get glasses instead. One day I was washing my face and I scratch both of my eyes with a towel so went to an ophthalmologist to get my eyes check and he said I had a corneal abrasion so he gave me some eye drops. After that I felt better until a couple of months ago I decided to get eye contacts again so my optician put me a pair of trial eye contacts to try for a week because I haven't been wearing contacts for a couple of years. After a day of using them my eyes were bloodshot red, hurt,itch and burn. So i went to my ophthalmologist again and he said that I was probably allergic to the contacts so he gave me some eye drops lotemax. I now am not wearing contacts at all do to my eyes getting red but I am still having eye problems my eye hurt near the corner of the eye , there are small veins that are around the cornea. So I went to the same ophthamologist again for this problem and he said it was eye allergies so he gave some eye drops called Elestat for eye allergies meanwhile I feel my eyes are getting worst.After couple of days I went back to him and gave a stronger eyedrops for the allergies called Alrex but still my eyes feel the same. What should I do? I don't understand how before I was able to use eye contacts and now I can't wear contacts  Please help me can you give any advice or what can it be that I have in my eyes?