Eye Care Community
Headache Concentrated towards the ack of the Left Eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I'm 20 years old.Most days towards the evening i start getting a sort of headache towards the back side of my left eye.
This is not a chronic type of headache but which will intensify if i sit in front of my laptop with it,instead if i take a cool shower,it will subside.Why im i getting headaches daily.I had tested my eye lately the doctor had conduced eye pressure test but no field of vision test,he said there was nothing to worry.Iam also sensitive to light,i feel some difficult in writing or reading in a brightly lit room.Please Advice
Tags: Headache, Eye
You need to see a Eye MD ophthalmologist. Many people equate an exam at a mall optical or an exam by a non-MD, non-physician optometrist as a full medical eye exam. It isn't just like an exam by an nurse is not the same as an exam by a physician.

If you did not see an Eye MD ophthalmologist then set up an appointment. IF you live in USA you can find one near you at www.geteyesmart or call your family MD and have him/her refer you.

You also need to tell you family MD you're having headaches and set up an appointment with the family MD to begin a headache work up.

If you don't get headaches if you don't read, use a computer, video game or do near tasks and the headache comes on if you do that there is a high possibility it may be due to needing glasses or a eye muscle problem like convergence insufficiency, uncorrected hyperopia/astigmatism, or a eye muscle problem like intermittent exotrophia.

If the headaches occur even though you don't do near tasks or you wake up with headaches the cause is not likely ocular.

Get started now with the Eye MD and your family MD

JCH MD

Avatar n tn
Thanks.There is no pain when i get up,it starts by evening.I has seen an MD(ophthalmologist),he said it was migraine.I had been using computer for long hours for many years.I think im a little stressed throughout the day.The MD Gave me a solution of polyethylene glycol and propylene glycol.Is the stress causing these headaches,when im home watching tv or playing games on computer these headaches are rare.
I can't answer your question. Discuss with your personal physician.
JCH MD