Headaches behind the eye
I have been getting really bad headaches(Migraines) for a few years. They usually start behind my left eye and progress from there. When I had my yearly eye appointment the doctor took a picture of my eye and noticed a "brown spot" on the white of my eye. I have a follow up next month with my eye doctor. Could this be the cause of my bad headaches? My primary doctor doesn't want to prescibe me any meds until I go back to the eye doctor.
Dear SweetMainer,

It is not likely, although possible that the spot is causing your headaches.  I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD so you can find out the cause of your headaches and have the spot examined.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.