Help with high myopia
I am 20 years old , myopic since birth . My left eye presciption-14 and -25 in right, last year i had myopic cnv in right eye and was treated with avastin, and sf6 gas also i aldready have had an laser to fill macular holes,  so now even with correction i have 6/18 vision in right eye, moreover my doctors have already warned me about high risks of retinal detachment
So my question is
how likely is it that i have retinal detachment and in how much time even though right now my retina is fine as told by my eye md,do i have to be careful all my life about detachment
also can this myopic cnv occur again , is there anything i can do to prevent it
will i also develop glaucoma or cataracts due to high myopia in my life
I am the only son of my parents and i have lot of  studies but i just cannot concentrate on my career because of the fear that i might get blind at some point in life ,i am very scared and i dont want to trouble my parents beacause of my fear , i am having nightmares of going blind and i cannot sleep at night i do not eat and i am not intersted in anything,because i dont think if i loose my sight i would want to live but my parents have a lot of expectations from me because i am very good in studies and we are not very financially strong , so i have to study,
Can i mantain decent vision throughout my life
Any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated
Thanks for listening
will be waiting for reply
Yes you will remain at increased risk of RD, myopic macular degeneration and glaucoma all your life.  myopic neovacularization often does re-occur. No one can give you the exact "odds" or change that any or all of these will develop not even your personal ophthalmologist. I will post below things you can do to lower the risk of RD. Lead a healthy lifestyle.  If necessary see a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you deal with your depression and anxiety.
Hello sir I was diagnosed with myopic cnv in right eye yesterday my prescription -23 in right and -12 in left,  going to have avastin injection day after tomorrow,  doctors said that the damaged part cannot be treated, my question what can cause this myopic cnv so quicly since I had regular dilated exam last month? Can it caused by my contact lenses as I was having trouble wearing them, red eyes  pain but I still continued to wear them,  or can this occur in my left eye too
Yes it can occur anytime, no contact lens did not cause it. Yes it can occur in your left eye also, less likely given about half as myopic
Thanks for your reply sir,
So soft contact lens do not have any long term side effects if I use them properly
No I didn't say that. I said they don't cause myopic macular degeneration. Contacts have their own problems irritation, inflammation, allergy, infection especially continuous wear contacts. All are minimized by daily wear and clear/care/replace as directed.
How to reduce risk of RD:  That question is asked frequently.  We always suggest you specifically ask your Eye MD ophthalmologist but these are the guidelines I use for my patients and follow myself being moderately myopid -3.00

Walking, running, swimming no problem. Tennis and racket sports okay with proper sport specific eye protection,  contact sports such as football, wresting, soccer do involve increased risk.  Some people will accept those risks others want no part of sports like that. If you do participate sports specific face, head and eye protection is mandatory. Yoga and calisthenics are okay but avoid head down positions and standing on head or shoulders.  Bicycling is okay but the risks of fall and head/eye trauma great. Mountain biking is best avoided. Head/face/eye protection mandatory.  Weightlifting is not high risk provided you use moderate weights and use high reps to fatigue and stress the muscles. So power lifting and trying to grab and snatch or military press 400 lbs is best avoid. Boxing and martial arts are totally out. Also avoid amusement type rides that whip, jerk and snap the head and body around.
=