Histoplasmosis
I was diagnosed with ocular histoplasmosis about 2 years ago. I had one injection into my eye but since then my insurance has changed and I had to change doctors. My new retina specialist wants to just watch the disease and not do anything because it seems to be not changing as of now. The disease is mainly in my left eye. I have a blind spot and also straight lines are crooked when I look at them. About five months ago I started seeing a flashing light in my left eye also. My retina doctor says it is unrelated to my eye disease. He recommended me to see a neuro-ophthalmologist but by insurance will not allow me too. I have seen a regular neurologist and had an MRI which showed my brain is normal. The past few days my blind spot has gotten larger and now I am seeing lines in my left eye that move. I am scared and I am not sure what to do next. Any advice?

This discussion is related to Seeing brite moving colors in my upper line of vision..
Injections (of avastin or lucentis) are used only for active neovascular membranes caused by histo. Likely the injections you had dried up the NVM and you don't need them now.

You do need to do daily amsler grid on both eyes daily and NVM could reoccur in the one eye or develop in the other.

Normally if your neurologist or ophthalmologist recommends you see a neuroophthalmologist your insurance will allow it.

JCH MD