Eye Care Community
How soon sex after retinal detachment surgery?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How soon sex after retinal detachment surgery?

I had surgery with gas bubble etc for retinal detachment on Nov 2.  I am recovering nicely I think and seen surgeon 10 days after surgery.  Asked about returning to work (when I felt like it so am waiting another week -3 weeks total), swimming(6 weeks) flying (Dec. 7 - 5 weeks) and exercise (4 weeks).  But didn't ask about resuming sex.  When can we?  Is there any danger to eye pressure?  And as far as laying on stomach with head down for 10 days to 2 weeks for recovery, you do get used to it.  Make sure you get yourself a piece of foam to lay on with holes cut out for breasts as they will end up hurting way more than your eye.  You can rent glasses so that you can keep your head down lokking at floor but see TV in mirrors in glasses.  Worst is trying to sleep at night and keep your head down.  
Tags: sex