Eye Care Community
How to cure red, puffy eyelids?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

How to cure red, puffy eyelids?

Ok so i dont know what is going on with my eyes. Before the swelling bursted into extreme puffiness, like a few weeks before, all i had was red dry spots on the crease of my eyelid and on the apples of my cheeks. Also, it appeared under my eyes along the nose...it was dry and RED. I tried covering it with concealer but it showed white dried skin. i never had this problem before and i remove my makeup after school. Then one morning i woke up and my left eye puffed real bad along the crease near the eyeduct. I tried using absolue eye cream by lancome at night to get the dryness away, but it burned severely whenever i touched it. I alaways wear makeup but this nver happened to me before. This is day 2 of my puffy eyes and I think im going to change up my makeup removing tchniques...and hygiene my eyes ALOT more...but what is the best way ? shold i compress my eyes cold or in warm water? the internet has it both ways in curing eyes..but what WORKS HELP ME i look like a freaken weirdo with one red small eye !!!!!
This is one of those problems that require a real live in person exam. I suggest you see an Ophthalmologist soon. In the USA find one near you at www.aao.org elsewhere ask your GP to refer you

JCHMD