How to ignore floaters
I have them n they are terrible. I have tiny black dots. It's from a retinal detachment. Was just at the dr last week. Retina is fine. It's just the gel. How oh how can I ignore them???? Especially when I'm on my oaphone or iPad they are bad. Bright lights and outside it's annoying. There are 50 of them. No joke. Not bright ones but maybe 6-7 black ones in my central vision. It's depressing. How do we ignore them?????7
That's a very difficult thing to answer. It's like asking how to ignore a headache. I wish we had a good treatment for floaters and I think in the near future ophthalmologists will have a quick, office-based procedure for floaters. For now, try to ignore them. Arrrghh!!!

Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, Medical Doctor, Ophthalmologist
After my RD I had a bunch. Over the years they shift. Change shape. Lessen. Sink. Now it seems there's 12-15 dark tiny spots. 2 weeks ago I was at the retinal dr n all was fine. He said it's so hard to ignore them but try. I had to laugh cause my eye actually gets sore cause I constantly flick it to move them.
Imagine drops or a procedure to get rid of them!!!
My floaters really increased over a year ago.  They really are impossible to just ignore.   I hope for something in the future to help with this.  Definitely affects quality of life.
It does. It takes time but i can ignore them sometimes.
A related discussion, Eye Care was started.
A related discussion, leakage from Cataract membrane after surgery was started.