How to lessen or rectify the cylindrical power of my 6 year old kid
My son is 6 year old and after his today's eye checkup we came to know that he is having a cylindrical power of 3.Doctor told that this detection itself is too late ie cylindrical power of 3 is high itself . Doctor has recommended for specs which has been ordered. He has been asked to wear the specs all the time except the sleep time. Can any one please help me by telling why the cylindrical power comes ? Is this related to stress and strain given to eye or is it hereditary ? How can I make his cylindrical power less - diet , eye exercise , no  watching of TV/Tablet  or what else ? Now only he is in I st standard and I am feeling very bad that he has to keep wearing specs for all the time , I am feeling guilty for his cylindrical power. Will it increase by time even after regular usage of specs?
Astigmatism (cylinder) is usually hereditary.  There is no treatment besides, glasses, contact lens, or surgery.  I would not recommend surgery for a six year old.

Dr. O.
Thank you doctor for giving your consultation