I would like to know how to prevent my vision from getting worse. I am 26 years old and my eye prescription is -3.25 which is quite high in my opinion. I strongly believe it has to do with the prolonged compuyter use. Some prevention measures I have done are:
- focus away from the screen from time to time
- i no longer use a computer monitor. I use my TV as a monitor so I can sit further away from the screen
Once again, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
1. -3.25 is not highly myopic. It's simply myopia. High myopia starts around -6.00.
2. If prolonged computer use caused incrased myopia there would be a world epidemic of myopia as the world citizens do more and more computer work. There has been no increase of the incidence of myopia as the world becomes saturated with computers. So your theory doesn't fit with world experience. You should relax some.
3. Looking away from the screen periodically will reduce eye strain.
4. If you're really interested in keeping your eyes health see an eye physician (Eye MD ophthalmologist) every year.
From Hollywood stars to your yoga teacher, it seems that everyone swears by a detox diet. But does it actually work? And is it even healthy? Cardiologist and weight loss expert James Beckerman, MD, weighs in
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.