Eye Care Community
I can blur my eyes.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I can blur my eyes.

Hello I am a 23 yr old female and I finally decided to poke around and see if I could figure out if what I can do with my eyes is natural.
A little history. I was born with a "lazy eye" as they call it. When I was little 4,5 and 6 yrs old I wore bifocals and from time to time I had to wear a patch. I do remeber wearing the patch on my right eye, which leads me to believe my left eye was the "lazy" one. But now a days when Im tired or on my one I can cross my left eye while leaving my left one straight.
But what I ponder is...I can blur my eyes on command. It's not something that happens on it's own. it's something I can make happen. Very simple...clear, blurry, clear, blurry, clear. just a quick as you can read this I can blur and clear my eyes (blurry to the point that I can't read 2 inch type 6ft away). I've been able to do this ever since I was a little girl, but never mentioned it, because I assumed it was normal.
I also do not have to wear correctine lenses anymore, I haven't had to since I was 6 yrs old, and I had a minor eye exam roughly 2 weeks ago, and I can read very very small type. Oh but I don't have any depth perception.

Could someone please tell me if it's a condition, a natural thing in some people, and maybe a name for it?

I would greatly appreciate it.
This is called accommodation.  You are constricted and relaxing your ciliary muscle and changing the shape of the crystaline lens and changing the vision.  It is usually done to see up close but in your case you can probably reduce your hyperopia and vision until you stop accommodating and vision blurrs.  This may be a sign that you need glasses or just that you have great accommodative ability.  A refraction with cyclogyl drops with an ophthalmologist would completely clear up the question of what is going on.

MJK MD
I'm 27 years old male, I never had problems in eyes or eyesight. even my doctor last month advised me not to wear glasses or what so ever because I don't need to.

speaking of eye blurring, the exact thing that the original poster perfectly describes. I can do since I can remember and I thought it was normal until yesterday while having a little chat with my aunt, she is a paediatrician and I was SHOCKED, she absolutely denies that I can do that, even worse she suspected that I'm making it up. we argued about that and everyone in the room had similar reactions,

That's why actually I'm here after doing a comprehensive google search couldn't find any professional answer to my condition,,

now I know that maybe it's a common thing. I have a question does It harm??

Thanks in advance
I thought i was the only that could do this also. I have been contacting doctors to see if it was some kind of muscle are nerve i was controlling.  Every doctor i contacted said it was impossible.  After running into brick wall after brick wall i decided to get my head checked by a shrink, and it turns out im saine. After having this conversation with family members a few years back, I decided to keep it to my self
hahaha I can do it too. Thought everyone could!
wow finally others who can do my amazing trick haha yeah everyone calls me a liar too!
I got it, it's our Gift, ability. we're the evolution, super humans. maybe our ancestors were aliens with eye-blurring techniques :D, I'm glad my Aunti is wrong ;p
I have been able to do this from an very early age.  I have 20/20 vision and can do it on demand.  I received an e-mail from a co-worker and it had these objects that appear to be moving but their not.  It's some sort of visual puzzle to see if you have low or high stress. The objects were moving and I blurred my eyes to see if they were actually moving and they weren't.  It's something that no one has an answer to and the easiest thing is to say you may need glasses, which is totally false.  It's almost like going into a daze, daydreaming and you block out everything around you, but everything  is just a blur near and far.  I can see far clearly and near clearly.  I can read the bottom of the chart at the eye doctors office and dmv.  I call it an insight when you can see things before it happens or deja vu.  I see thing in my dream in my dreams and it will happen a few days later.  
wow i thought i was alone in this people also thought i was crazy.. i wonder if this ability could be used for something good.. in my case its actually comfortable to blur my eyes i find it cool that i can do it out of no where..
I was born with my right eye turned in (wore glasses since about age 18 months). I eventually learned how to force my right eye to appear straight and focused for cosmetic reasons, but I always have double vision that I can ignore.  I really only use my left eye for vision and let the right one pick up periphery on the right side when it needs to. (Currently I'm in a pickle because I need cataract surgery on my strong left eye and can't see much out of it at all, but that's another story). Anyway, I have the habit of blurring my eyes when I want to shut out the world to concentrate on listening to something -- it's the visual equivalent of putting on head phones to block out distracting noise.
wow i thought that i was the only one that could do that! i'm a 15 year old female, and i googled "bluring my eyes" to see if anyone else could do the same thing, and this came up. i wonder why some people can do it and others cant, and why we are able to do this.
i find it more comfortable to blur my eyes when i'm tired or trying to concentrate on something.
Everyone has said pretty much everything I wanted to say. I too thought everybody can do it but wanted to check online.

Interestingly enough, I have a lazy eye condition too that I discovered when it was too late. I do not have any vision problems at all but I rely on my left eye and I can read very small writing from proximity or distance. I suspect I have it because of the lazy eye and that my brain developed this ability to improve the image from my right lazy eye.

It appears that it's a rare condition since there are few relevant Google results (I only found this page).

You must have received one of these forward emails asking you if you can spot a shape hidden inside another shape or image. With this "gift" I can do it faster than other people.

I wonder for what other purposes I can use it. Other than that, it is kinda boring gift. I would exchange with the x-ray vision if I could.
If you have any other sources of information, please posted in this page. I will keep checking it from time to time.

It was nice to meet you “brothers” and if any of you wanted to start a club or something, you can count me in :)
blurring your eyes when you feel like it.... I though this was normal.. after reading the posts.. I find it surprising that people cant do it.. maybe they don't know how to do it.. also I ware a contact and in my other eye I dont have ant lens... there fore nothing happens in my bad eye..
now I dont feel so special! Have been able to do this since as long as I can remember, can not find any useful info. about why I (we) can do this, but find it can be very relaxing.
I have also been doing this for ages. Thers is one part of this "talent" if you want to call it that, which you seem to have missed.

Get a friend to look at your eyes when you "space out" and see their reaction. ;-)

Your pupils become huge when you blur and quickly shrink back when you focus again. I have been freaking my girlfriend out with it for years. She is convinced im an alien :-)
Many times when I ask if people can do it, they said they can, so sometimes I assume that it's normal, but there are also times when people cannot understand what I'm saying. They try to blur their eyes by staring at an object for a long time or minimizing the opening of their eyes, but ours, we can do it naturally.

There are also times though, that it had helped me in figuring complex puzzles with tiny bits and pieces. I try to blur my eyes so that I can connect the bits and eventually be able to see the whole view.

I also blur my eyes when I want to pop up something creative like blurring my eyes in a group of candles. You can actually make them big circles of light and will amuse you.

Sometimes in my wildest imaginations, maybe I can have superpowers like that of X-Men Cyclops and then I can make things vanish in a second. Weird huh? You think it's a gift? I wonder how many percent of the human population can do this.. hmmmm

Wow this really helped. I also thought everybody could do it as i have been able to since i remember. None of you have mentioned this but can you focus on an object and make all else blur out? Try holding your hand in the air and bluring your eyes so that you can only see your fingers clearly. If you can you'll notice you see the fine finger print lines as if you were magnifying into your hand. Im 16 years old and my girlfriend says that my eyes don't change which is different L_C_G's reaction. I'll ask others to see if it changes, as i cant look into a mirror while m doing this. My vision is also good, i dont need glasses and i have never met somebody else who can do this. Thanks guys, please post back :).
Sorry i missed this out. Just want to know if any of you can make everything black out at night by using the same blur and focusing on something. When i do this it slowly gets increasingly patchy and then goes completely black. But if i lose concentration it goes back to normal within a blink. Please post back. thankyou.
Yeah i can make everything black out as well at night it kind of cool. Plus i can do the blurring out thing as well. Thought I was the only one that can do it.
i have 20/20 vision and i can blur my eyes too when i want to space out, but now my eyes are starting to go into blur mode randomly and then switch back again...help!...i thought that everybody blurs their vision when they space out haha
lol i can do it too, not black out my vision but blurr it. try it with one eye closed, if both are open you might just be crossing your eyes.
hello! i'm 12 years old and i started blurring my eyes when i was 8 (i think)..... and now i blur them alot...... is this bad? do i need glasses?? or will contact lense do??
wow, i never mentioned it 2 any1 b4, i just thought it was a way of life, lol, but it looks like we r the chosen ones,lol, i find if i do it 5-6 times in a row it becomes a strain to focus again but, if u just leave it ur vision goes bk to normal, then u can start blurring again, lets get the party started style! i can also close 1 eye and blurr the other on both eyes, oh man ive been doing this for years and just got on with it, britains got talent here i come!!!! lmao!
I'am a 44 yr old man, married with 6 children (my other special power or curse ) and have been able to do this for as long as i can remember. Just searched it now as my 10 yr old daughter came to me telling me that she can blurr her eyes and wanted to know why so here I'am... I have great vision and don't wear glasses, i have been "blurring" (sounds like a horror title "the Blurring") out people that bore me for years, or using it to make my christmas lights look a little extra special. i feel like i have found my people in some secret society. Over the years ive endured weird stares from people including my wife of 21 years when ever i discuss this "talent"...people usually go oh yea you mean this and squint their eyes and I'm like no that's not it and then there's that long silence and its like ok, moving right along if you know what i mean...ive haven't thought of this in years, it was my little offspring Alexandra who made me smile as she now hows this gift. not to sound crazier but i also have this weird ability to think of something or someone or some movie and it will appear within the day or 2, via the news or tv or somehow it will come up. i have been able to do this since i was a boy as well and now my oldest daughter Kayla "16" has this same ability, its really strange cause its not like i try to think of things there just in my normal thought process....Go figure life is strange...thanks for reading.
Its like a focusing a camera, if one focus a near object closely surrounding objects get blurred automatically this is normal & nothing to worry about.
i could do this every since i was 5 years old and i told my parents about it and they didn't believe me so now i am 14 years old and i was "blurring" my eyes last night when i was walking to the grocery store and now i know that other people can do it i don't feel like an alien
I can do this and I just figured it out one day. I always thought it was cool, never felt like an alien but that pupil thing someone else mentioned before  so i'm gonna get a friend to check it out.One thing though, when I put something right in front of my eyes its and it's all blurred I can focus it but it takes more effort.ALSO I have great vision sooo yeah but a TON of people on my moms side of my family need glasses.
Am 14 n wow..... Finally people that can do the trick.... Am a male by the way ... I told my sister one Christmas nigth n she said she could but she closed her eyes a loudly but that's not what I was taking about .... But I can control how blurry I want it ...... I try telling people but they say am stupid and lieing... I hope we r superhumans n there's a good use for it's
An interesting thing to note. I have been doing this for some time now. If you look around you you may be able to detect heat shimmer from your skin. Like you would when looking at a candle or something burning. Plus seeing air movement isn't really that out of place also. You have to really relax into the blurring phase and not force it too much. Would be interested to hear anyone else seeing these effects as it could be something similar to the super focus Henr3366 was alluding to. You know until I read these posts i thought that I might be cheating and crossing my eyes...never thought to just close one eye....
When I was younger I remember my Grandfather telling me about this 'gift' and how it was pretty rare but he did warn me not to blur my eyes too much. Cant remember if he said he could do it also so it is probably a hereditary trait.
Yeah for some reason I though geez I should probably look up on the internet about making my eyes blur, today.  And came across this forum.  Like everyone else, ya I've been doing it for most of my life since I figured out how to do since I was a child.  I'm no doctor however a resonable hypothesis might be there's a lot of people on here reporting lazy eye which I also had as a child.  Maybe we were just always learning to compensate more for whatever deficit we may have had as children that corrected itself as eyes developed into puberty.  I don't think it was a gift as much as a neat trick to entertain myself with when I got bored as a child.  I would go into "blur, unblur, blur, unblur, blur, unblur" mode to amuse myslef at the distorted images of whatever was boring me.  Like a previous poster I use to like to "blur" during Christmas Eve services at my church.  With all the lights, candles, and glittery stuff it all looked so surreal when "blurred".  

The only really function that I could come up with for "blurring" was for art.  When artists discribe positive and negative space in a picutre the are talking about the black and white balance perspective of a picture/drawing/or whatever medium the artist is using.  Depending on how much detail is in a picutre it can become hard to distinguish black and white porpotionatly because your brain sees all the detail.  However when I "blur" the detail obviously becomes unfocused and you can make out black and white propotions much easier.  Black and white is of course the easiest to apply "blurring" to however I imagine you could do this to color medium too to look for obvious color schemes and not be distracted by the details.

Also I think the earlier post about the mechinism of "blurring" being like having manual focua on a lens for camera, is a very accurate description.  Because when you want to get those macro shots with a camera you have to set to the Macro setting for seeing things very close up in focus.  I can "blur" so hard that actually strains my eyes, but I swear to god (lower case g) that I can see bateria swimming across my cornia.  If anyone thinks I'm crazy please say so because that's the only explination that I could ever think of when I see those half invisible but very clear floaters swimming around my vision while in a very concentrated "blur"

Glad there are others out there older then me that are doing this with no reports of damaged vision after a lifetime of "blurring".  I kinda always worried about I might go blind from doing for to many years, lol.
I have beyond perfect vision I am extremely capable of seeing anything no matter the size. The question I have for you is if I work this out by constricting and relaxing maybe like you would do in a gym with your muscles could I actually enhance the visibility of my sight?
I HAVE THE SAME VISION AND I THINK WE DO HAVE SUM POWERS OTHERS DON.T SO LETS TRY SET UP A MYSPACE ACCOUNT AND TRY BRING AS MUCH OF US 2GETHER N TRY N WORK OUT WHY WE HAVE THESE SPECIAL POWERS.. WHO'S DOWN WITH ME???
Dude...me too! It came I handy when I was always gettin lectured from my parents when I was young.  I kinda have the same loss of depth perception, unless I really concentrate on what I'm lookin at lol usually just with closer objects.  I also can do this thing where I can cross my eyes and whatever things I'm lookin at are blurry & I can clear them up as crossed items...I did this alot when I was little with intricate printed wall papers or ones with just plain ole vertical stripes.  I can do it with anything I'm lookin at, granate things that are straight edged, mainly vertical, & patterned in a way are much easier (I.e. Windows, railings, even-set tiles, doors, lights on ceilings that are evenly spaced etc.).  I can cross them, with clear items/pictures/environment (whtever ya wanna call it), A LOT more than just "one" cross.  The more crosses I do everything becomes like 3D and poppin out & stuff.  It's pretty sweet, but I highly doubt that's normal. Lol

But I so did think I was the only one two! I'm really kinda excited I'm not the only one haha...you should try this cross thing, it takes alotta concentration, but awesome when you can do it lol. But yea I really wanna know if thats normal :)
but I do have to confess I don't have 20/20 anymore, used to though.  My right eye actually got better and is at 15, and my left well is a 30.  I tried to explain this to my eye doctor and she said they might be 'lazy' but I'm pretty sure having the ability of "super-focus" & being able to see/read the farthest away script cannot be the result of laziness lol
its not like a camera focusing blurry and clear its totaly different those who can do this understand how .. u kinda just make everything blurry i wa experementing with this and found out that everyone dose it when thay sleep .. i think ..those of u who have this special power close ur eyes and try to dose off u will find it has the same relaxing feeling as the focusing when ur eyes are open i belive it has to do with ur eyes relaxing .. also this seems tohappen with people with great vision and i have a quiestion are any of u artist i think this may have to dosomthing with it maby we can unlock a part of our brain that others cant that alows us todothis
altho the camera focusing on near and far images is an acuret way of dipicting how it look in our eyes it still is not the same becouse if u are able to blur ur eyes try getting ur finger and moving it bak and forth to see if it clears out its just blur so im pritty sure it has to do with puple relaxation
sooooo.. I stumbled upon this page after looking at wikipedia and seeing there wasn't any info about this 'ability' there. A few seconds of freaking the hell out later, I feel glad to find I have what seems to be a recessive genetic trait. Hm, I'm special :)
i used 2 do it as a kid aswell allot when i was getting shouted at or getting told off at school. didnt do it 4 years till one day i just done it and remembered i did it as a kid allot.their has 2 be something behind this trust me guys, doctors,friends,family don't no what we are truelly talking about. iv always fort as mankind we have been made 2 forget our history n what we can do. come on people we aint born to work,party,sleep, n do it all over again, life is deeper than we think. 4 us to find out what we have now is the first step to discover what powers as humans we have n to bring 2gether as much of us as we can. its gonna sound funny but we truely are the real Xmen 2day n lets set up a site wer we can find out what we are here for 2day...
Up until recently I thought everyone could do it!  I had a student that had sudden stage-fright and was terrified from the audience looking at him. I told him to just blur his eyes! Simple right? That's what I used to do!  But he had no clue what I was talking about. I figured he's unable to understand what I meant. After the failed pep talk with my student I went into the faculty room and discussed what had happened with other teachers. To my SURPRISE, I found out that none of them had any clue what I was talking about! So then I went and asked my brothers and relatives and my husband ... I was just shocked!  Why can't they do it too?! I've always had 20/20 vision. I'm 34 and just discovered that perhaps this is a "gift"? I'm not sure why we have the ability to do it but in a weird way it helps sometimes see things in a different perspective. I see it helps make certain views look more beautiful. It's kind of like an Impressionist painter's work of art. Sunsets look more dreamy. Snow and mountains seem like a live storybook. The Christmas tree looks like a greeting card.
I don't know. I feel a bit more special now that I find out this is a fairly unique ability. It also helps in uncomfortable situations...I just blur out everything around me and it's not so uncomfortable anymore. :-)  As a child, I used to blur my eyes at cars to help me find out weather they're happy cars or mad cars or sad or clowney or silly or smart :-) I used to play that game with my dad while he was driving. My brothers always thought it was a stupid game. I wonder if any of you also had games you played that envolved blurring your eyes. Just curious.
I'm in for the website. I'm thinking perhaps like a Facebook page?
yeah this happens to me too......i m 14 and i like to blur my vision i feel like i have a special eye just like sasuke of Naruto.......and i call this vision my 6th sense......i talked about this few years ago to my family and friends and found out that they had no clue about wat i was talking they thought i was stupid and then i realised that not many people can do it...i thought i only can do it :P but no found many other guys like me....hey all you people we are not fools we are different and our eyes rocks....let's call it the sixth sense we have.......i use it to see breaked up pieces as one like a puzzle and ray of ligh.......i also see candles they appear as one big beatiful flame to me!
yh defo as a kid i used to look at street lamps for sum reason n blur my eyes till sum ray comes out of the lamp n move my head side 2 side like im communicating with it sounds weird but it used to make me feel better im 21 now n moved on from that but it has to mean something believe me, n what u said aswell didnt add it on here but on stage  i was **** scared but when i used my 6th sense it helped me soooooo much... im defo down with this facebook fing.. when u want to start this?
communicating as in greeting it soooooo wierd loool now that i look back i fink hahah bless me
i haven't really read every1's on here but i'v always had perfect eyes, never had a lazy eye or a problem with my eyes... i see sum people reporting lazy eye and that but i think it has nothing to do with that
I'm really glad I found this forum. I recently thought there was something majorly wrong going on with my eyes or that it was finally my turn for my eyes to go bad.  I have 4 aunts and 5 uncles on my moms side and just 3 aunts on my dads side and every single one of them wear glasses all the time and the ones that don't need them all the time wear glasses for special purpose (like reading).  Most of my cousins wear glasses too.  My mom has extremely poor vision (needs glasses all the time) and my dads vision has always been weak (now requires glasses for reading).  My brother got glasses when he was about 20, which is how old I am now. So you can see why everyone's reaction would be that I need some type of vision correction.  This is not true and I know that.  

I find extreme comfort in the fact that other people are experiencing the exact same ability.  I have always been able to purposely cross my eyes and to be able to move one around while keeping the other straight but I just discovered this "blur" ability a few weeks ago. The more I do it, the easier it is for me to control exactly how blurry my vision gets. I can make my vision super blurry or just a little bit. I just had someone watch while I did it and when I "turned on" blurry mode my pupils apparently got smaller for a moment then returned to normal size even after I kept "blurry mode" on.  This may not be exactly what happened since the person looking at my eye has very poor vision.  I realize I sound like a robot when I talk like this but I don't know how else to explain it.  

Does anyone else find it really frustrating to try and explain this ability to other people? Every time I try to explain it to someone different they just try to tell me there's something wrong with my eyes and I need glasses or something which I KNOW is not the case. I just turned 20 years old and I have always been extra proud of my perfect vision, I can always read the smallest font from far away when no one else can and I've always passed eye exams with flying colors.  The smallest font on the eye chart has always been extremely easy for me to read.  Sometimes when small font is just far enough away or just small enough to be a little blurry, If I concentrate hard enough I can force my eyes to focus just a little more and boom, I can read it just fine.

On another note I feel like I am better at being able to tell whats going to happen next in a movie than the average person.  I have seen a ton of movies so that could be the main reason but I've always felt a little special because of it anyways.  I'm curios to know if any of the other "eye blurrers" have felt this way?

Any-who, I noticed that this forum has been up for almost 3 years now and there have only been around 28 or 29 people who have commented on it (I did a rough count, trying to eliminate those who put more than one comment on)  I would really like to know exactly how many people have this ability.
count how many people on here reporting what we have stated, its weird to describe it because no one really understands what we are chatting about trust me, and i can control how blury i want it to be..
i am 19 ive noticed i could be able 2 make my vision blurry on and off science i was 13 my mom and dad said i was imagining things but like tis may sound strainge but i notice while playing darts when i blur my vision i am more accurate idk y lol.
I have been able to do this for as long as I can remember, like everybody else I thought it was normal haha.  I find it pretty relaxing but haven't tried using it for any other purpose yet.  Im a neuropsych student, and I wonder if anything else is going on when we "blur" (physiological changes etc.).  I'll ask one of my profs and get back to everybody
Dr. Kutryb explained this back in '08.  Here is what he said:

"by Michael J Kutryb, MD, Apr 17, 2008 01:39PM
This is called accommodation.  You are constricted and relaxing your ciliary muscle and changing the shape of the crystaline lens and changing the vision.  It is usually done to see up close but in your case you can probably reduce your hyperopia and vision until you stop accommodating and vision blurrs.  This may be a sign that you need glasses or just that you have great accommodative ability.  A refraction with cyclogyl drops with an ophthalmologist would completely clear up the question of what is going on."

I've been able to do it since I was a kid, but lost interest as I grew older, because the 'ability' didn't confer anything useful, like being able to move objects or see through walls.

i am 14 and i as able to do this ever since i can rememberme and my cousin can we call it baku. its cool and all i can make it look like light is expanding or seprating like when i look at street lights and when i have dreams the same thing i dremt of end up happining a few days later.
:D I can do this too! I hate when people tell me there's something wrong with my eyes.
When I was bored in school I would blur while writing and my handwriting would be really messy... XD
I don't know anyone else who can blur. But now I know there ARE others! :)
i am a 16 year old male and i have this special ability to, i dont thibk it will cause damage to your eyes if you dont do it alot and keep your eyes blurred for a certain length of time, i find it exciting that other people have this rare ability.
This happens to me as well... I have 20/20 vision no seeing problems (even though most of my family does) I can focus and unfocus my eyes... Another thing I noticed was that when I blur my vision and focus on an object far away I get double vision.
yeah me too im a 13yo female and i remember the day i found out i could do it i was sitting at a stop light then i just made the red light blurry. at first i could only make lights blurry but now i can do it to anything. also i can make it just a tiny bit blurry or so blurry im almost blind. that day tho i told my mom and she didnt say i was crazy but she had no idea what i was talking bout. i was really little and didnt kno how to explain it. havent told anyone since. also this "gift" has been helpful...when i do art i get really upset if it isnt perfect so when i draw i blur my vision a bit and if it looks like what i was trying to draw when its blurred i figure its ok...
i wanted to see if when i do it if i wear glasses if it would be clear or blurry so i tried doing it at the eye doc once and even with lenses it was blurry...
its painless for the most part...if i do it for a long time i start to get a headache tho...
i can do this and i am 14 when i play pool i can slow the ball and make it stop and when my dad goes for his shot i stare  at the white ball and make his shot go bad its so cool it herts your eyes after awile
Hey. Im 18, girl. I have allways been able to blur my eyes. I think its cool. I thought everybody could do so? Or that it was only me - in the entire world. So this is awesome! :D
i think that this is probably the coolest thing ever because just like everyone else on here who has said "oh yeah i can do it to" it feels remarkable to know that im not the only one unlike a lot of you i actually thought i was the only one who could do it and when i told people they would just look at me funny a good way that i use it is getting rid of fear and focusing you know because like with me i can blur everything and i can double everthing i used my doubling for if im like super bored haha but i use blurring for if im seriously trying to focus. Its pretty awesome im glad i can do this amazing ability even though no one else can actually notice or see me doing it haha.
haha love this site, i thought its normal, thought everyone can do it...do anyone of you knows what its called? i've been searching for it but cannot find any answer
It doesn't have an official name as everyone calls it "not real" unless they can do it. One person on the forums above called it "Baku" which i think is a good name for it. If you search anywhere else you probably won't find it.
I have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while. & I decided it would be best if i joined this site to share what I have discovered about this unique ability we all have.

Like all of you, I have had this ability since i can remember. I've tried telling my family about it but none knew what i was talking about, & called me a liar. I am male, age 17, i have had vision that was between good & bad, that I would need glasses, and eventually I did. But after perfecting blur I now have better vision than ever, the eye doctor says i have 20/20 vision.

I've been doing my own research to figure out why "we" have this ability why most people don't. I haven't come to a conclusion, but I would like to ask a question to all who still use this. Did you cross your eye's when you were younger?

No, I am not going to say "you are just crossing your eye's, your not blurring." If you can't blur, you wouldn't really understand any of this.

Sure having this blur ability may not be cool to some, they'd probably perfer lazers or x-ray vision. But there is more to this ability than meets the eye (pun intended). Some of you said you could see parts of your eye moving, other's being able to focus & make patches of darkness appear when you tried.

I too have a special ability. When focusing hard enough in a normal-lit area I can see small things floating around in the air. Small enough most people can't see them. Also when looking at a source of light (like a stoplight, or something else with color) I am able to see the colors that make it up by using this "Blur" ability on it. If i focus even harder I can see the colors that make those up. Though most people can't really find a use for this ability i feel special just for having the "Blur" technique. I'm sure we were given this for a purpose.

One last thing: We need to hurry up & make this facebook page we've been talking about for a while. Several people with this same ability might not know anyone else has it. I'm sure everyone on here (even if they felt less special) felt like they belonged to a community, that they weren't alone. And that they were glad to hear others had this ability.

If I discover anything more about this ability, like ways to use it, why only certain people have it, or any damaging effects it might have, I will let you know. But from what I have read on the forum here, you do not need to worry about using it. As some people have been using it for several years and have not had any problems. I just suggest not using it for long periods of time. Try to use it for less than 30 minutes if have to use it for a long time.

Until then may all of you discover anything more please post about it. The more knowledge we have about this, the better.
im 18 and i started being able to use my blur 'power' for even unusual uses, i find it strange if im working i.e washing dishes slowly(i naturally slow...) while blurring up, i increase my speed(weird,i know)...and also when im in a conflict,like a fight, i think the blurring speeds up my adrenalin release and by the way i dont like to fight i just release the adrenalin then i let it fade away...weird too...but i think its in the mind,and also is there anyone from south africa who has this ability?just want to know if im the only one in the country... :D :D
I can do it too, I can blur my vision whenever I want to. I've never heard of anyone that can do this and every time I tell someone, they tell me I'm crazy or that I'm making it up. I mean, I can be literally inches away from something and I can blur my vision to the point where I can barely make anything out. Great to know that I'm not alone, at least everyone here knows what I'm talking about. :)
i can do this to, ever since i have memory. ive been wondering, whenever I blur my vison i can move my eyes extra fast, it feels like if your eyes were vibrating, so can any of you do that to? does anybody know what this bluring thing is good for? as far as I know it only helps whenever you feel emberassed :(
All it means is that you can focus and unfocus your eyes very rapidly, switching from near to far and back again.  There is nothing special about this; pretty much all young people could do it if they concentrated on it.

The truth is that most do not spend much time on this activity because it is not useful or even interesting except to the person who is doing it.  Now, if by blurring their vision this way, people could move furniture or ace midterms, that would be remarkable.  
wrong.. its special...  i can blur my vision to thing i do not want to see & in the same time to know its shape...  do not need details...it helped me many times
Wow! Im glad there are so many people that can do this! Im a 16 year old male and I've always considered it a bit abnormal that I can blurr my eyesight, so I always ask people if they can but they look at me like I'm crazy. I actually love it, if you are looking at a lot of lights, maybe a city from a plane or high point, and you blurr your eyes, it looks amazing!!! I also use it to beat people in staring contests because I simply blur my vision and barely see them. I'd love to learn some more things that we can do with this.
Your an idiot,
This often happens to me to but let me tell you my life before i explain see,i didnt start life like you.I started life at the age of four when i woke upon a wool couch in trenton,nj and i walked into the kitchen where a woman was and asked if i was hungrey and i said "yeah,im starved whats for dinner?" and apperently i was very smart for that age becwuse my vocabulary wadnt soupposed to be that high but ever since i woke from that counch that after noon ive been able to blurr my eyes and im only 13 and i can take it to different levels and control the blurr in it.but when iv done it i have been straining it without knowing so today  when read that it makes u feel relaxed i was like huh? So i eased up on the power of it and it did make me feel relaxed so i was wondering that this is just like neji's byyugan and when u look in the mirrior at your pupil(without the blurr) do u see kinda like a lump on youre eye i mean like how you eye is soupposed to look like a circle of strainght lines going into a circle do u see like a lump on like three  lines if so i wonder if it is because of our talent i wonder that if we strech it enough will we be able to unlock the full potential of the gift so its like saskues saringan? Right?
Well I don't believe this ability is directly tied to the Naruto series. But there is no doubt that if we train this ability we can get it to a higher level. I'm sure you've read some of the comments above & know that some people have already gotten it to higher levels & gained more abilities, but I'm sure we can get it even farther than it is now. When I use alot of power in mine I can see primary colors that make up the colors I actually see in lights. And Now my eyes can even zoom in slightly. Next time your in a town look at the traffic lights (Red, Yellow, Blue) Use blur & look right next to the main light you focused on, you should be able to see the three colors that make it up, and if you focus on that, you see the colors that make those up. I'm not really sure if it's usefull for anything so far, but I can't wait to see what else this "Special eye ability" has for all of us with the gift to use it. If you discover something new about this ability please let me know.
Understood, also when I was littler I would always look at the traffic light and use Baku when I did that they would always look like stars to me,☆★☆★⊙﹏⊙and then as I got older there would kinda be a slight sneak peak of the next light but I have never bee n able to straighten focus or zoom in with it I also think that there are different ranks or class of it I like for the people who could zoom in could be called the magnifiers and for people like me who could make the light in to circles and and stars could be called the seekers and etc.also I think that if we push past our current limits then made we can active our goal of helping. People in need. :^)
I have discovered that there are 2 more people who can do it,also shadowbangg how did u perfect it because its hard for me to keep it going.
So has anyone push past their limit today
I've recently started getting migraines again after a 3 month bout of them in '06 only then I didn't know what they were. I was talking with a friend about being able to 'blur' my eyes, assuming it was something everyone could do, and she never heard of it. Made me wonder about my eyesight. I had a patch as a kid, left eye was considered 'legally blind' and glasses were needed until miraculously at the age of 19 another doctor said I was fine, didn't even need glasses. I didn't care to seek another opinion since I hated wearing them anyway.
Took a picture of myself while 'blurring' and it looks like the left eye goes a little lazy when it's happening. That would make sense if it's a muscle that's tightening or loosening. Interesting find here, I am glad I'[m not alone in this quest to find out why it can be done :)
If someone doesn't believe you, get an eye exam with the device of a picture, blur it to the max and enjoy the outcome :p
(I had -4,8 and -5,4 measured, the second go was almost 0 on both eyes)
I can see 100% more than what´s considered ´normal´.

So if someone denies you can do it, just do that.
I even believe with blurring sight you can see depth with one eye, since the further away the object the more it becomes blurred.
I began by only using it every other day. It's like a muscle, if you use it everyday it will strain it, giving it a day of every other day will give it time to rest and get stronger. I would blur during theme songs of TV shows, or durinv long conversations with friends. Usually just bluring it for 2-4 minutes; Now I can hold it for about an hour before it becomes hard to maintain.

Another thing is controlling the level of it. At the lowest level (beginner) it blurs the world, all that you can see. You can put the entire world into focus, or out of focus. At higher levels you can even track movements at speeds you couldn't before. Another thing you might notice is if you blur something bright (like your computer screen) in a dark room, you'll see that the brightness seems to expand slightly.

Also, after researching some more I have found out that less than 10% of the human population knows what Baku (blur) is. To be honest only 1 out of 100 people over 50 years old could do it. However it seemed about 10 of 100 who were under 20 could do it. However around 50 of the people I asked said they could do it, but couldn't. They were vibrating their eye's, which might be something in itself, but isn't what this thread is devoted to.

It seems that people who's focus have been on their eye's have a higher chance of discovering this ability.

Finally I have one last thing to report, sometimes while I used blur I heard many people say they felt "uncomfortable" or that something "didn't feel right". This interests me, because I don't know exactly how they would be able to tell, I suppose it's a 6th sense, like the feeling of knowing someone is watching you when they're looking at you from behind.

Please let me know if any of you are able to take your Baku to a higher level; We need to take it to the next level, to a level where we can help others. Right now we can use it to stop ourselves from getting emberassed, to entertain ourselves when around light-sources, to track things, or see things the naked eye normally couldn't see, however I feel as though we have just scratched the surface, and would greatly appreciate all of your help. Especially you Romallo.

My current limit is that I can now blur each of my eye's at a different level at the same time. Like using Baku in only one eye, while letting the other remain normal, it is the hardest thing I can pull off at the current time; It is also very usefull, because it allows me to see the world, and over-lap it with my Baku. If you are able to push your Baku any further please post your newest ability, or maximum power.
hey i can do the same exact thing since i was younger. i am 16 years old(boy) and i have perfect vision but i can blurr my eyes when i want to. i never hit any walls or had any injuries to the head. i thought that everybody could do it but i never asked anyone else.
Hello I'm 15 and a male I have the blur or Baku as it is now called ability too I am totally interested in this page now as I haven't ever met others that could do it, anyway aside from the Baku ability I noticed the other abilities people said they have on this page for instance the (what I call) déjà vu ability where you dream of an instant and later it becomes true also where something happens and you feel like you've seen it before aside from the blur ability I also can see patterns very easily when I blur and I'm very interested in learning more about this and I thank shadowbang for the info I wish all you luck on finding out more about this ability and I'm pretty interested in forming a group for this thanks
In the beginning i thought that its natural , then i thought that im the only one who can do it before i'd discovered that my brother can do it too , so it's a genetic feature .. I think its cool when i can turn off every thing arround me and blurr my eyes ! But im dying to know what is that ability called ! Im thinking of doing a search abou this subject and ask a proffesional eye doctor with an experience about it ! *(Excuse my English)
im 12yrs girl and ive been doing that ver since i can remember but i told my friend and she of course didnt believe me but another on of my friends said it can make you blind but seeing as ive done it for along time i dont beleive her also i have a really bad astigmatism in my left eye (1 point above leagallly blind,have to see a specialist)  and i was acttully wondering this so being me i researched it like a nerd lol
Wow! I see that I'm not alone. I can blur my vision as well at will. I've never told anyone about it for fear of being laughed at. I, like many in this forum, can control how blurry it becomes. It doesn't change my rate of breath, doesn't make me tired or cause headaches. I do hope someone finds what this ability is. Amazing!
Ive been able to all my life. The docs right about itsthe muscles naturally focusing our eyes and we can just control it. Just like how some people can control a muscle u cant like how the rock can do the eyebrow raise like alot of others can but you cant and when u try u look silly trying. Alot of people i no can do it. Only people with perfect vision and really strong eyes. But hes right about the closeness thing. If u take a book or ur phone while reading this and do the blur move the book/phone from touchin ur nose and then push it away slowly. There is a spot about 4-6inches away that u cant blur. A small range. If u do the moving book back and forth its cool cuz it stays blurry and clears for a sec and blurry again but then hold it at that clear point and try to make it blurry and u cant. Just a cool trick for urself.
Hey everyone. Im 13 years old with way above average eye sight  and i have been able to do this "blurring" thing shortly after i could shake my eyes. But im going to talk about that for a second because i believe it may be linked to this. When i was in around the age of 3-4 i split my head open about an inch above my eye leaving a scar coming from my eyebrow. I don't know exactly how i learned it, but i learned out of no where, almost as if when i learned how to do it the memory was erased from my brain. I have been looking on other forms about it and there is the odd comment on them saying that it has something to do with wanting attention. I have ADHD but around the time learned about this, it was at its peak. Now this may seem crazy, and it probably is, but how many of you can shake your eyes? A comment above stated that it is like man kind has just completely forgotten about its past. Most of you have heard of the theory of evolution (i hope) and that we are descendants of apes, gorillas etc etc. But what if Serpents where also involved in Evolution? Lost animals that where killed of millions upon millions of years ago? No one has dug around this, we are all just trying to perfect it and improve it, but how can we improve if we don't even know what it is actually for? I'm going of course here anyway but if anyone has found anything intresting that this "power" can do please don/'t refrain from posting.

I would also like to note that there was a comment that a guy said he could think of a movie and wish it to come on and it would come on either that day or a few days later, i also have this, but i don't like it. it makes me feel like im being watched. I don't believe these two things are linked though but hey, you never know.
I have always been ab;e to blur my vision in and out in the same way and i have never had bad vission - in fact 20 20.

I thought everyone could do it
Wow I have exact same thing. Had lazy eye as a child, operation and patches and what not later it looks in right direction but I can't see a lot through it. I've always been able to blur my eyes on command and also I can make them vibrate almost from side to side so fast it's really weird. I have noticed my pupils expand in size when I blur them, I have filmed it. It feels like I'm pulling my eyes back inside my head to blur it and release it to go back to normal but my eyes aren't moving at all.
I thought everyone could do it!
I've never had any problems with my eyesight I have 20/20 vision but I've been blurring my eyes since I was a little girl. I never mentioned it because I didn't want to give my brothers something else to tease me about. It's refreshing to know other people can do it to. I find blurring my eyes relaxing and helps me focus on things more. And to CSDJR I've never had a head injury but I can shake my eyes as well and every time there's something I want to watch on tv or a commercial or even a song I want to listen to I just think of it and it will play either the same day or the next day. It's really weird but pretty cool. I do get that feeling that some one is watching me sometimes but I try not to let it bother me to much because it's really creepy to think about.
ok,
I have always been able to do this, since I can remember.  I used to play doing it, making tag all the more challenging etc...
Its not about squinting your eyes, which people assume is how I do it.  It not about focusing on something close, or your nose.  I can look at anything, anywhere and blur my vision (unless Im looking at a really close object and trying to blur my vision then).  The first poster described it exactly the same way I describe to family and friends, clear, blurry, clear, blurry....
I've never asked a doctor but will next time.  
I also find that when i read or watch tv too long and my vision gets blurry on its own, exercising this ability helps me restore my normal vision.
I also have been able to do this since as long as I can remember. I think  
artists will find this ability very useful...like blurring your eyes in nature to see the beauty emerge around you. I feel it brings out the essence in things as you dont fixate on the fine details. I also have very good vision like others mentioned.
I have also had this other ability like few others have said above...things which i wish for or think about may happen in the same day or the next day(and once a few moments later). But they dont happen every time and not always in exactly the same way i was expecting. My sister has also had similar experiences. This also makes me feel like I am being watched...especially in the dark when i feel quite uncomfortable. I used to be really scared of darkness when i was a kid.
I think having very good vision and having discovered this early in childhood is common to most of us who can blur.
Hi, just had to comment here on what you mentioned about you can blurr your eyes, you mentioned something about you could be the only one that can do this, you thought it to be normal?! I also can do that, although I had done it since I was about 10yrs old, and I'm 57yrs old, very much needing it to change, so I can enjoy my life without all that going on! I do agree with the Dr who said coming from seeing up close, I had done that many times with things shown on paper having an abstract of lines looking like they're moving, and also ones that ask can I see an image within those lines?! I did, but as I did this for many times during those moments of trying to be cool and thinking it's ok, I was actually ruining my eyesight, also, my kids had a book on these designs with hidden images in them, it was a fun thing for them, but not at all for me as the years went on, so now I have that still, (blurring my eyes), and also I got floaters and dots going all around when I think I'm seeing a centipede, it's actually floaters! I'm going to see my eye Dr. and I will mention the whole thing on blurring my eyes, also the floaters as well, going this Friday on the 5th of July! I hope your eyes are doing ok! Take Care Now! Sincerely, Twiggymarie  
Hi, glad to have read your comment on this issue on blurring eyes easy! I can do this too, also I've felt that about feeling like I'm being watched and also the whole "I've been there before thing"! glad you mentioned on the name of this blurry thing, had to write in down so I can see my Dr on this, I hope that everyone on here with this situation will be ok with their eyes! I can too do that with blurring my eyes to dream in an instant and it comes true, I get so fascinated with that, That I just write it down! Well, I do hope you're doing well, I will not only get this taken care of, but also look into getting a better keyboard so I can continue typing without having to use the back key every time I think I got the words right, Lol! Take Care Now!! Sincerely, Twiggymarie  
i am 28 years old male.i m doing meditation for few weeks and suddenly today i found this ability after finishing the daily meditation.what i found that this is a ability to control involuntary muscle.involuntary muscle cannot be controlled normally with conscious mind.so its a ability where u can control a involuntary muscle with a conscious mind.by reading all the posts and with my experience i have realized that this ability is a sign of better intuition and self awareness.blessed be..to all lovely people out there.
yes I have the same um gift and when I concentrate while blurring my eyes around an object the oblect appears to be getting closer and more defined and in depth with super fine detail also the thing with the mind game puzzles is when I look at them with blurred vision the puzzle looks bleak and flat which makes it easier :)
weeeell why does my dog get weird and scared and start barking and growling at me when I do it and then look at her
I can do that too since I can remember :D When I was a kid I used that when I was on stage or when people staring at me, whenever I feel shy and don't want to see people clearly. I found it very useful and thought it was normal. Lately I've been asking some people, turns out no one around me can do that! I think I'm so awesome lolll. Thou I rarely use it now, but I can still do it very well.
I've always been able to blur my eyes on demand, and just assumed everyone can do it.  As someone else has already said, it's quite relaxing to do.  This is the first time I have goggled it though as it seems to have changed slightly.  I am now 42, and have noticed my eye sight is not so good now when reading close up. Books are fine, it's just reading cooking instructions on packets (especially if they have dark coloured background) and I sometimes use a pair of reading glasses, especially when I'm tired. But now when I try to blur my eyes, I can see a whitish coloured mist at the bottom of my vision.  Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? Maybe it's because I'm a bit older now (not that 42 is old..)
I've been able to do this since forever. It doesn't require crossing your eyes or holding objects up. I can feel the muscles in my eyes tighten when I blur them. But it seems that I cannot do "double vision" while I blur. Any straight answers? Can anyone prove that this is normal? Or have a scientific name or explanation? Please thanks (^.^)
I use it when im bored in campus and i don't want to listen to the professor, so I blur him.. He becomes a giant gray dot :)
The ciliary muscle is responsible for changing the shape of the lens in the eye when you focus on objects near and far.  For those of us who can blur their eyes, we are voluntary contracting the muscle.  For many people it is an involuntary thing and they can't control it, but for some we can.  It perhaps like some people having the ability to contract certain muscles in their head to make their ears move.  The term "accommodation" is used to describe the lens' action of focusing.  If you can do this at will, then I would suppose it is just called voluntary accommodation.
I can make my eyes blurred on demand, but I often don't relize that I'm doing it until I try and read something. Once I have gone into the daze I find it really hard to get out of it. This has become a massive problem in school and apparently it looks like I'm daydreaming, so all my teachers tell me off for daydreaming in their lessons. If my eyes go blurry for more than a couple of minutes I can't hear much anymore (this is brilliant if you want to pass time) but this is affecting my grades.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it, thank you
This happens to me as well. One minute im minding my own business and a thought pops in my head and usually within a short time period it happens. Also I try telling people and they just become confused to what I tell them.
I think just about everyone can do this.  Haven't you ever been reading something and then drift off, thinking about something else, and the page blurs?  I think the eyes just point more to the center of a page (close in) when you're concentrating and then move to straight ahead vision when you drift off.  Obviously the page will become blurry.  Try it!
That's called the law of attraction, and it happens to everyone, many people just don't notice or know how to use it. What you think about in day to day life will find a way to manifest in reality, this is one of the great mysteries of the universe. Thought becomes reality. Every single invention on Earth that has been crafted by man, has first existed in the mind of man. The automobile? Started as a thought. Computer? As a thought, and so on and so forth for every single thing that has ever existed. I'm 20, and obviously don't fully understand this myself, but that doesn't make it any less real. Amazing isn't it?

-Also, I can blur my eyes on command like all of you :P
Yea I can blur my eyes too I thought I was the only one till I asked my sister and she could do it.... So I waited about 3 years and asked her again and she said no nobody can do that WTF it is like she completely forgot about it also I asked my mum and she said she couldn't do it and that I was making it up.....well I found my people now we must be super humans :)
I am a 16 year old female and when I figured out I could do this I was in the middle of meditating (well attempting...). This was a few months ago and I practice everyday for a few minutes. It's not that hard. When I do this all of my other senses are boosted. You know like with blind people except I am not blind. I have perfect eyesight.
It's kind of weird but cool at the same time. Super Human!!! It takes only a fraction of a second to blur my eyes completely. PLUS, my pupils dilate and people think I am on drugs or something ._.
ha. I make my eyes do this while watching scary movies.
its a gift ! to be able to read auras
Yes u can read auras but that requires lots of practice and energy. People usually experience this after meditation due to increase in energy. I see it sometimes as radiance around objects which  blurs and then there is only white light. I think this is related to a layer of tissue called tapetum lucidum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapetum_lucidum

This may also be related to the pineal gland or third eye chakra. can u read people's subtle behaviour and emotions ?. do people consider you very intelligent... practically not theoretical iq.
Other resources :
Read carlos castaneda's books especially "the power of silence". The eyes are connected to 'intent' which is a subtle force. people call it  'wormhole of awareness'.

If anyone is drawn to spirituality or metaphysics please check out 'bashar'. Aliens and ufos are real.  www.youtube.com/user/BasharCommunications.
Also check out sages like ramana maharshi. Its time to awaken.
I can do this to, however when i do it, my left eye turns out, i can also control my puple size...Is this normal?
thanks *****, you the real MVP
Hi, I'm only sixteen and I can do the eye blurring thing but I can also like zoom in. It's almost like a camera, as I'm zooming in it's blurred until I can see what I'm trying to look at. I got made to wear glasses because they thought I'd just memorised the words on the screen. Also, I can see really well in the dark, I don't use a torch else it makes it so I can't see anything other than what the beam is aimed at, where as without a torch I can see just about everything, just wondering if any of this is normal,
thanks