I have a dark patch in my side vision after my tppv retinal detachment surgery.
I had my retinal detachment surgery. I had a tppv with gas bubble done 2 weeks ago.. I'm seeing a dark patch in the side. the dark patch seems to go down, But once I do some strenuous activity it comes back to the original position... now I'm really worried will the dark patch go away?
These patches are common after RD surgery with or without a scleral buckle, with or without gas or air or oil put in the eye. Use the search feature and archives to read about them.  Since there are multiple causes it's not possible to tell you how long yours will last.   Most likely the gas bubble is the cause but can't say for sure.  You need to ask your surgeon. Sometimes these can be permanent and occure 180 degrees away from extensive laser or cryotherapy
It's been 20 days since the surgery and my gas bubble has left...
Then the other possible causes are outlined in my response
I had retina detachment surgery 3 months ago.  I have dark patches that won't go away and they're stationary. My specialist put in a heavy silicon oil and try to speed the healing.  I've had the oil in there for 2 months now.   I'll let you know the outcome once the oil is taken out.  Please let me know if yours go away.  My eye is very complex and I hope this will correct this problem.  Good luck with yours.
Thanks for the information