Aa
A
A
Close
I have started the Ortho-K treatment for a month with lots of starburst, halos, glare, etc
I am from Hong Kong who have started taking the Ortho-K (Orthokeratology) treatment for about 1 month. I have some questions to ask and hope for answers.

1. After about a few weeks wearing of the OK lens, both of my eyes have now reached 20/20 vision basically(when checked with those popular eye charts), but this was only true under day time. The situation at night or under dim light indoor environment is still far from satisfactory, with a lot of halos, haze, etc around light emitting objects. Basically, my vision at nigh is more or less similar to my old vision (Left: -3.50, Right: -3.75, both eyes got about 100 degree of astigmatism).

2. I would like to know if the haze, halos will eventually disappear, or at least be reduced to a level that is acceptable? I am quite worry that the current vision is what so called "20/20" vision, in which this is actually not very satisfactory if put into daily life.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
1. In my opinion and almost all ophthalmologists and most optometrists. Ortho-K is worthless, a huge waste of money, can permanently damage the eye and is like trying to get a new figure by wearing a girdle 5 hours/day then taking it off and expecting the bulges to go away permanently

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
Top Eye Care Answerers
177275 tn?1438375244