Eye Care Expert Forum
I need retina and cataract surgery, no money.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I am a 56 year old male. I have had a retina surgery on left eye. Right eye also needs surgery but not before cateract surgery.. (R.eye, Total detachment) H I only see shadows and some bright colors, blurred.  I have no health ins. and no way to find money to complete the surgeries.  Where can I find some help with funds ?  The Lions club paid for the 1st surgery.  I feel as I am going to be fully blind if I can't get the surgeries.  This all started at the end of Sept.2012.
Hopefully you can direct me to somewhere I can get this done.  Thank you..
I hope this website can point you in the right direction: http://www.eyecareamerica.org/
I'm sorry for your difficulties. Doctors who have signed up for this foundation may provide you assistance.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
www.tmcgaritymd.com