Eye Care Community
I too see black lines in my vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I too see black lines in my vision

Hi Dr.Michael,
                                          I'm also seeing black lines in my side vision as Wynnie10 immediately after my cataract surgery. I had my cataract surgery on my lt eye in Apr'08 and I had my rt eye operated 3 days ago.In this eye also I see black line in the side vision. Now my vision is like this(O O).My both eyes vision in between paranthesis.My vision is narrowed and if I see side to side the lines are also moving and it's very annoying.I'm not getting used as you replied to Wynnie 10.The surgeon sent me to neuro ophthalmologist and retinal specialist and all tests came normal.Now from your reply to Wynnie10 I'm able to understand what it is.Is there any solution for this Doctor? It's really annoying.Pl let me know.
Thank you
SLR

This discussion is related to Side effects from cataract surgery.
Dear SLR,

Dr. Michael is on the other forum but I will try to help.

This sounds most like you are detecting the reflection from the edge of your lens implant.

If your pupil were smaller, it would be less noticeable although it is true it is likely it will seem less over time.

There are eyedrops which can make most pupils somewhat smaller and you may wish to try them. Ask your doctor to prescribe one of them if the above is the case
Thank you somuch for your suggestion.I'll ask my surgeon about these drops.
Thank you,
SLR
Dear Dr.Joan M Pernoud,
                                         I went to my eye surgeon and told what you suggested.She said that my pupils are smaller only but prescribed the eye drops which you were referring.The name of the medicine is Alphagan.Also said these eye drops are for Glaucoma.These are the drops which you have mentioned? I had one drop.The black line is little bit reduced but still seen in the corner of my eye.So what do you think about my black 1/2 circle curvy broad lines like this (   ) in the corners of my both eyes? Also want to know are these the eye drops which you recommended?

SLR
hello i am 28years old and i have had some lines and few dots in my vision for sometime now..but recently they have increased in number of lines and dots... i am worried can you help. They float and also move with my eyes. the problems gets worse when i look at plain backgrounds such as white walls. But my vision is good i can see well near and far. Thanks for your time.
Use the search feature to read about "floaters" and "posterior vitreous detachments" see an Eye MD as while usually harmless it can be a sign of bleeding, retinal tear, retinal detachment, bleeding or inflammation in the eye. Find an Eye MD near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
I have also dark shadows. It is called Negative Dysphotopsia (you can search in google)
Are your implants Christalens from B&L?

There is a thread I have started: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Negative-Dysphotopsia-with-Crystalens-HD/show/928766

The symptoms actually increase when the iris constricts (in bright light the pupil becomes smaller). Hence, I don't believe the eye drops are the answer. I believe the lenses are too small...
-
I have a question that I am hoping to get some help with. Two weeks ago, I was prescribed glasses to wear all the time. My right eye had been straining to compensate for the lack of vision in my left eye. In the left lens there are two different prescriptions and only one prescription in the right. My problem is, I have a horizontal line, all the time that goes from left to right, no matter if my glasses are on or off. Everything below the lines appears blurry and the line is about a 1/4" above the bottom frame. I'm also having a straining feeling in the back of my right eye most of the time (and I wear the glasses all day). This line is driving me crazy!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
How are your eyes now.. i cant leave the house with out sunglasses.. i cant work because i cant concentrate .. has taken me to depression. and i dont know anyone that has the same problem.. please contact me.. on izzo_italian***@****

x
Hi All,
I have 8 year old son who told me few days ago he can see blue lines??????? Ive asked him to explain and all he can say lines are blue, there are lots of them around and he can see them all the time. I noticed he is trying to walk in between those lines therefor its somethiong thats bother him very much. Can anyone tell me what is this and what should I do? My doctor didnt say much but said I should take him to have his eye tested.

Worried mum
i was a premature baby and i had catarct surgey at the age of 13. years afetr i developed small balls and shadows lingering in front of my eyes and move when i move my eyes. Doctors say to ignore it, but it has been 4-5 years since i am having this problem...till when do i have to ignore? i cannot adjust into my normal routine as i get worried about my vision in my late life. Please help..
azad