ILM peel
Hi Dr. O,
Can I ask you if the "partial" peeling of the ILM (Dr.says he got 85%) causes any problems ?
Recently had Vitrectomy ERM / ILM peel and 4 wks post surgery I see no improvement.

Anything you can share with me , I would appreciate.  I know you'll tell me to ask my Dr., but I think that us who post on these forums are really trying to do their own research in addition to what our own Doctors might say.

Thank you !
One of the retinal specialists whom I consulted told me that bits of ILM are often removed when the ERM is peeled, although peeling the ILM may not be the surgeon's intention.  This does not cause problems.

At your next appointment, it might be helpful to ask your surgeon about what changes/improvement you can anticipate over the coming month.  I think that knowing what to expect can be very helpful in reducing anxiety.
A surgeon can not always get the ILM completely peeled.  It is unusual not to have an improvement by 4 weeks.  Most patient see less distortion in a few days.  Also, most retinal doctors do not refract and they check the vision only with a pinhole which is not always helpful with macular problems.  Get a OCT to compare the changes to preop.

Dr. O.
Jodie and Dr. O,
Thank you once again for your good advice.  I don't mean to post so many questions and try to research everything myself, but after reading all of your posts I truly respect your opinions.

Going in tomorrow and will have an OCT along with my list of questions for the Dr.

Oh, and I never had the distortion pre-surgery (where lines were wavy)  just blank spots to the right of center in my vision...and they MAY be a little less blank 4 wks post-op, but not much if any.  
I guess I am trying to just think my Macula has not un-wrinkled yet...is that possible ?  
Possibly your layer of scar tissue was so thick that you couldn't perceive the distortion.
Jodie, I have been reading your history from 2009 in the ILM section.  Wow, you went thru a great deal !  You have always been kind and helpful to everyone for all these years, you are awesome !
How is your vision lately ?  Have you learned anything you would have done different ?
They say hindsight is 20/20.  If I could do it again, I would have ERM surgery with Dr. Charles, thereby avoiding all the problems I had following my vitrectomy done locally.

My current acuity is excellent (20/20+).  The image size difference between my eyes improved by about 50% following my surgery with Dr. Charles.  Cataract surgery turned out to be an unexpected gift.  I'm very happy not to be highly myopic, and I've never had a problem with my monofocal IOLs.

Keep us posted on your progress during your recovery.