IOL slipped. Alternatives?
My daughter who is now in her 20's was born with cataracts. At 2 she developed glaucoma.  Around age 15, she had ahmed valves implanted and around age 17 she had lens implants and cornea transplants. She has been complaining for the last 2 years that the vision in  her right eye gets blurry for several hours a day.  now an opthamologist has diagnosed that the lens slipped.  Why would this have happened?  Can it be corrected?  due to all of the conditions with her eyes, i would want her to be seen by the best and most skilled and most experienced eye doctor.  how do i find such a doctor? Thank you for your help.
I am not making a diagnosis but the vision reduction of a slipped IOL does not come and go its blurry all the time. On the other hand the IOL could be touching the cornea and the cornea could be swelling during sleep when it has less oxygen and recovers some when up and the eyes open and more oxygen helps the cornea un-swell

This is a very special situation and requires almost a team of glaucoma and cornea Eye MDs.  I would suggest a university she can reach regularly as frequent follow up is the rule.  Look for world class centers.

JCH MD
I appreciate your answer so much.  To date the only "diagnosis" she has recieved is that the lens has slipped or is titled.  She is going to grad school in Washington DC and we live in the NY metro area.  I know her situation is very unique as she was born with cataracts, has small corneas and has many many eye surgeries starting as an infant with Marshall Parks at Children's hospital in DC.  Assuming we have no problem finding a university hospital, how do we find the best doctore for her particular situation?  Is there a hospital, or doctor, in the north east US who is renown for treating patients such as my daughter?  Is the Willis Eye hospital in Philadelphia such a place?
Wills Eye Institute in Philly,  John Hopkins' Wilmer Eye Institute and Mass Eye (Harvard) are world class as is Pittsburg Children's hospital.  I would not go to Columbia.University.  

JCH MD
Thank  you, doctor.  I am very grateful for your response.
aso, would there be anyone in particular at those hospitals you would suggest?  is NY eye and ear on par with these other institutions?
Yes NYE&E is excellent.  I cannot give you names but would start out with a glaucoma or cornea specialist.
JCH MD
Again, thank you so much.
-