IOL's characteristic
Can someone, perferably a Doctor, describe the characteristics, intent, and any unusual results of following IOL's:
1-  AMO Model NXG1  Diopter  22.0 D  
2-  Bausch & Lomb  Model LI61AOV   +21.5D  
Thank you in advance.      Duane54  
You will get the best information from the manufacturers website. Then you can use Google and type the model in and add "complications".

JCH MD
LIG1AO is an exellent 3 piece siliconeofocal IOL that is truly aspheric.  I have used in on thousands of cases and it is one of my favorite lenses.  The NXG1 is the Rezoom multifocal IOL that has different zones of power to provide distance and near vision but can cause problems with glare and halos especially at night.

Why do you ask?  A better question might be, which one is better for me???  Is that where you are going?

MJK MD
These IOL's are what I have in my eyes.  After 13 months of noted problems plus with Rezoom implant and no notible improvements I opted for monofocal in second eye on July 21, 08. Undecided on explant of Rezoom as I see reasonable- 20/25- with it in good light.  I also had YAG treatment and ERM surgery in Rezoom eye. Have slight ERM problem in other eye as well and uncorrected vision is not as good as Rezoom eye yet.    I was searching for info.and confirmaton of what I have and in trying to determine what I should do next if anything.   Thank you so much for response.  Duane54            
-
is there some type of glasses, etc. that eliminates or reduces the Rezoom IOL assocciated glare,  halo, starburst, and shadowing problems ?  Thanks,  duane54  
Possible a extracareful refraction with aspheric, antiglare glasses. ReZoom is terrible in my opinion and a lot of people need the lens exchanged for a monofocal asperic IOL

JCH MD