Ibuprofen & Vision Problems
My father had cataract surgery about 3 months ago and all went fine. About 3 weeks ago he was prescribed 800 mg Ibuprofen 3 x a day for an elbow inflamation. After taking the Ibuprofen for a while he began to have trouble with his eyes watering up to the point where his vision for driving and reading was becoming impaired. Spoke to his Dr. and got into a fight with him because the dr. wouldn't give him a straight answer about what the problem could be and began to speak to him condescendingly. He walked out without any answers. Today he stopped taking the Ibuprofen to see if that could be the cause because vision problems are listed as a side effect.

Wondering if anyone out here may have heard of or experienced anything regarding vision/eye problems from Ibuprofen.

Thanks!

Laurie

1. almost every medicine made lists blurred vision as a possible side effect. Ibuprofen is not likely to cause any eye problems.
2. See another eye MD ophthalmologist for a second opinion.

JCH MD
- Over the past couple of weeks my 4 year old daughter has complained that her eyes go all funny now and then - maybe once a day.  Says everything goes a little dark, also mentioned black spots and she gets a bit dizzy - room spins, then she blinks and bobs her head and it goes away.  Lasts total about 5 seconds.    Anyone have any opinions?  I'm a bit worried.
You know evaluating visual complaints in a child is one of the most difficult things an Eye MD has to do. Sometimes it merely means the child needs glasses, at other times there may be eye disease, much less often there can be serious disease of the brain that can cause this and very very often the problem is the child wants attention, has a vivid imagination, is trying to control parents.

My suggestion would be to take the child in to a Eye MD ophthalmologist for a basic evaluation.

Find one near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD