Immobile Floater - central vision
I have had floaters since I was around 12 years old and myopic at about -3.5. I wear contact lenses. I havent really developed any new floaters recently or had any flashing light phenomena. I have had my vision checked by an ophthalmologist at 21 and 24. I am 29 now.

A few days ago I noticed a new "floater" in the very centre of my vision of my left eye. It appears to be completely immobile. It is ALWAYS in my direct centre of vision. The floater is tiny and almost a perfect circle. It appears slightly larger when focussing in the distance and becomes tinier when focussing as close as possible. It is difficult to see unless I blink rapidly, close my eye slightly or look at highly contrasting backgrounds such as black on bright white (like a computer monitor). For all intents and purposes it appears like a circular floater.

I am worried that this may be something else like a macular hole. I can read perfectly fine, there is no distortion when looking at an amsler grid or tiny writing. The reason I am so concerned is the immobile nature of the floater. It is 100% fixed and there all the time. Please advise?
You are right.  This is most likely a macular problem.  See an EyeMD ASAP.

Dr. O.
I have many of those...
Thanks Dr O and kjelltp.

Interestingly, this spot seemed to spontaneously disappear around 3 days (saturday) after it appeared so I am feeling rather relieved. Saturday morning it appeared smaller and by the afternoon I couldnt see it in my field of vision at all. It was tiny to begin with.

Any ideas what that may have been Dr O?