Eye Care Community
In need of doctor and lab for bi-toric spectacles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have retinally-induced, field-dependent aniseikonia as a result of a vitrectomy and an ERM peel in my right eye about one year ago -- my right eye now sees everything both taller and narrower than it should -- and I am in search of a doctor and a lab for designing and making bi-toric spectacle lenses for me.  I have purchased Dr. Gerard de Wit's "Aniseikonia Inspector" that can help get this done, and I would greatly appreciate any leads anyone here might have in relation to a willing doctor near Shreveport and/or a capable lab somewhere.
Use the search feature and archives and search "aneisokonia" and read the many posts especially those by JodiJ who has written many detailed posts about her own experience with the problem
JCH MD
Yes, Jodi's posts are very insightful, and there is where I discovered Dr. de Wit and his "Aniseikonia Inspector" software.  However, finding a doctor near me who is willing to learn to make use of it and a lab that is capable of making bi-toric lenses are my present challenges.
It is an unusual need and a rare skill set
JCHMD