Eye Care Community
Inflammation of tear ducts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Inflammation of tear ducts

For a while now my eyelids have been swelling right in the corner of the eye, most times only the right eye but sometimes also the left eye and very rarely both corners...although it appears as inflammation of the eyelids in the corner of the eye, it feels more like inflammation of the tear ducts or whatever it is directly behind the eyelids at that part of the inner corner of the eye - very top of nose bone.

This problem does not arise all the time; for the most part, it comes on very suddenly or acutely during exercise and/or sometimes within 10-15 minutes of finishing a workout. The inflammation can take about 2-3 hours to subside, bathing the eye in hot or cold water does not really seem to make much of a difference. There is no other irritation but the eyelid at that part of the eye does become red and a little sore.

I do not smoke or drink but have shown tendency to High Blood pressure/hypertension in the past. I am female and 48 years old.

I would be grateful if you could give me your opinions and any advice as to how I could treat this situation. I do not wear glasses or contact lenses and generally my eyes are ok.

Thank you in advance
Your problem cannot be delt with without an Eye MD physician ophthalmologist doing a comprehensive examination. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD