Eye Care Expert Forum
Inner Corner of eyelid is red,swollen,and hurts

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

My eyelid has been red, a little swollen and it hurts, the eye itself is not red or anything it is my eye lid, it is a little watery but nothing major, my jaw hurt all day yesterday and then when it stopped my eye started hurting. my vision is a little blurry in that eye also.
When patients call my office with complaints of eye pain or loss of vision, we ask them to come as soon as possible.  You actually have both so be aware that these are potentially dangerous symptoms and the eye should be looked at as soon as possible.  Hopefully nothing major but they are the only eyes you get and are so very precious.

MJK MD