Eye Care Expert Forum
Inner corner eye pain

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Inner corner eye pain

The inner corner of my eye hurts whenever I press on it. It's like a needle poking inside. It has been like this for at least a couple of months but it doesn't hurt or anything if I don't touch it. Why? Thanks =)
In the lower inside corner of  your eye is the lacrimal sac. it can become infected and if it is it usually causes watering of the eye and pressure in this area can make it hurt.  Often you can feel a small lump in that area which represents the dilated lacrimal sac. I doubt if you have this but it might be worth a checkup by an EyeMd.