Eye Care Community
Interesting observation my optomologist made

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

a Few Months ago i went for an eye checkup for the first time in my life. While the optomologist was examining my eye he realized that he could virtually see through my eye when he shined a light through it. He recommended that i wear sun glasses as often as possible because i am a high potential for cataracts and such due to this condition. I'm just wondering if there is an actual name for such a condition, and if there is, is there anything else that i should know (other preventative measures, vitamins i could take, etc)
FIrst I would ask the ophthalmologist what he calls it. It would seem to me that your eyes "transilluminate" easily. That might mean you have a thin sclera often seen in high myopes.

JCH MD