Intraocular lens malposition
I had one AMO (CLRFLXC) lense implanted after a cataract removal. I have had signs of decreased acuity, pupillary dilation defect, absent corneal reflex and symptoms of pain and foreign body feeling. After atropine dilation, the superior lense appears to be sitting behind the cilliary muscle, and the inferior lense appears to be sitting anterior to the cilliary muscle. I can see the blue thread coming from the lateral lense, "double-backing" onto the superior portion of lense. Would this be considered a dislocated intraocular lense? And, would this cause my signs and symptoms? Medical lingo is welcomed, as I am a Physician Assistant. Any anatomy I might not remember, I can look up in my medical books....Thank you for your time and efforts, and letting me "pick your brain". Sincerely, dj
Yes the IOL is not in its normal position which should be first "in the capsular bag" and next choice "in the ciliary sulcus" in that position the optics should both be in front of the ciliary muscle not one behind.

I suggest you get a second opinion from a highly regarded cataract/IOL surgeon in your area. You can also find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD