Eye Care Community
Involuntary eye movement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Involuntary eye movement

I occasionally  have episodes where my eyes rapidly dart back and forth for anywhere from one to five minutes, making me very dizzy and disoriented.  It used to happen a few times a year, usually while lying in bed or watching t.v.  Lately, it has been happening much more often.  What confuses me most is that the last 3 times it happened were each a week apart while sitting in a therapy session.  Almost as soon as I got up and began walking out, the eye movements began to fade.  I'm wondering if this has something to do with the small room and dim lighting of the therapist's office or if it is possibly a psychological issue.  At first I thought it was Nystagmus but my issues didnt seem to match the description.  Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks