Eye Care Expert Forum
Iris/Eye Problem.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Iris/Eye Problem.

Recently I have noticed that there is brown spots forming on the white of my eye.  It almost looks like the color of my iris is seeping out into the rest of my eye.  I also then noticed a tiny hole in one of my eyes iris where there is no color.  I have been experiencing moments of blurry vision where I cannot see anything at all but then my eyes refocus and I am fine.  I don't have any clue what this might be. I have 20/15 vision but this is starting to freak me out. WHat could it be?
My suggestion is that you have an ophthalmolgist take a look at it.  It is most likely a nevus or freckle on your iris.  The risk of malignancy is very, very rare but, again, have it looked at.  While you are there you can have the other area looked at.  It's really just about impossible to truly get a good view of your own iris - that's the job of your ophthalmologist.

MJK MD