Eye Care Community
Iris Quivers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Iris Quivers

I had cataract surgery about 7 weeks ago.  When I look in the mirror, fixate on an object, then move my eyes quickly to look at the eye that had the surgery, I can see the iris quivering.  Is this something I need to be concerned about?  My optometrist says my vision is very good and can find nothing wrong.
No usually but I would rely on what the eye surgeon says not the non-surgeon, non-physician, non-MD optometrist.    The IOL has a much thinner thickness and the iris can shake. The condition is called iridodonesis.

JCH MD