Eye Care Community
Iris is not round

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Iris is not round

Hello. So I have a friend whose, as the title suggest, irises in the eyes are not completely round. On each eye, on the sides of the irises closest to the nose, part of the edge is flattened out. Imagine how the moon looks just before or just after it is full; this will give you an idea of the shape of his eyes. I've tried researching this and have found nothing. Any help you may provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Tags: iris, eyes, round
This is probably congenital.  He/she should see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.
Avatar n tn
Hello I have the same issue? Any luck finding our what is going on with your iris???
For me, sometime iris in my both eyes have jutted out around 0.3 to 0.5mm only which part that closely to the nose. It happen after I use iPad. Is this normal? Can it cause by eye strain, watch IPad a lot, not fit glasses astigma, or high myopia? I just have my eyes check 3weeks ago for general, and dr. Told m ok just having astigma 0.25 n 0.50, myopia -6.00 n -5.50.