Eye Care Community
Iritis - Copaiba, Curcumin and Glucosamine Sulphate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

OK, so the treatment for iritis is mainly about getting rid of the inflamation (inflammation) of the iris. A major problem is that the immune system thinks it has to inflame the iris when in actual fact that is not necessary.

There seem to be some (supposedly) powerful anti-inflamatory compounds that are available and (while I'd not suggest for a moment avoiding the horrible steroid treatment) is there any mileage in incorporating these compounds into one's diet in order to dumb-down the immune system's inappropriate inflamatory response?

Copaiba, Curcumin and GS appear to be among the strongest of these with 'proven' anti-inflamatory abilities. If there is any possible benefit, then how might these be used? A daily dosage, or when early signs start showing? And how can I know if they are making any difference? (unless there is no more iritis - unlikely!)

Finally, despite some sites claiming it as a wonder 'cure' there seems to be no hard information on Copaiba. Is it safe? In what form? And how should it be taken?

Has anyone had any experience with these?
I doubt there is any benefit to the eye or iritis to use those; nor is there likely much research on them. They would be harmful if you have an iritis and forsake the medical RX of dilation and steroid drops for those unproven compounds.

JCH MD