Eye Care Community
Irritating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Irritating

Over the past 3 weeks my eyes are very watery and itchy. I have looked at them very closely and the eye itself seems ok but I can see a couple of red spots near the corners of both eyes and it seems to me that these are causing my eyes to water and feel itchy. It is almost like a burning sensation.  What can I do to sort this problem out and how has it come about?
Dryness and allergy are the two most common causes of your symptoms. For dryness you can try any of the numerous artifical tears available. For allergy the newly released over the counter medicine zaditor works well.

JCH MD