Eye Care Expert Forum
Is Minimonovision possible?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is Minimonovision possible?

Background:
Cataract in the Right Non-Dominant eye described as big, ugly, dense, dark. (I can only distinquish objects/hand as dark objects against a light background in this eye.
The research here indicates monovision/minimonovision is the best course of action.  BUT....

Since the Dominant Left eye has a "baby" cataract, I will need surgery only in one eye---the non-dominant eye.  Can this be done and still achieve a "blended result" in a few years when the other eye will need surgery?

Cataract/right eye was -1.50 correction/distance...blind now.  Dominant Left eye is -1.75 distance with great intermediate and okay reading vision...I can read the paper, just need really good light.  Priority is 1) intermediate vision 2) reading vision since I've always had it....  Correcting with my contact achieves good distance even though there is mild astigmatism, but messes up reading totally...doesn't interfere with intermediate. Worn only for driving.

Is Blended vision possible, somehow?   I am 63.  I am a teacher and the mother of a 14 yr old...night driving is critical, with or without correction...just no halos please, seeing her face well at a glance is critical....reading I have always enjoyed....  

TIA for your wisdom