Is bifocal implant right for high degree shortsighted ?
Dear Doctor,

My shortsight is high, one eye 9.0, another 8.75.  Presbyopia is almost to the max (2.75 or 3.0 ?)   One othamologist told me due to my high shortsight, bifocal implants are not suitable for me.   He suggested one implant for farsight, and another one for mediumsight, i.e. I will be able to view the monitor without wearing glasses.   But for long time reading, I will still need a reading glass, because the difference between two eyes can not be over 1.25 (forget the exact degree)   I went to another othamologist who did bifocal implant for my friend 3 yrs ago for 2nd opioion.  This doctor said I CAN have bifocal.    My friend's vision was perfect after implant but turned to be bad,  ---  having big floaters,  cannot put thread thru needle now.    I am really really confused.   I need honest professional advice.  Can you please help?
Thanks in advance
Julia
You can have a "bifocal implant."  Your friends floaters would have occurred with any implant and is not related to a "bifocal implant."

Use the search function to look at Crystalens and ReStor.

Dr. O.