Eye Care Expert Forum
Is eye pressure normal after a head trama?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I had a blunt force trama to back of  my head on the right side earlier today.... ct scan showed no swelling or brusing on brain.   Since injury I have had a feeling of increased pressure behind my right eye.  Eye feels heavier and I have the need to blink more frequently feeling like that will help rid the pressure. I also feel like it is taking a bit longer to focus than it normally does.  Can anyone thell me if this is normal or who I should return to see?
Head trauma not involving your eye is unilikly to raise the pressure in your eye or behind your eye. If the pressure feeling and difficulty focusing is still present tommorrow you should get an eye examination by an EyeMd.