Eye Care Community
Is the number of specifically Crystalens IOL insertions/MD imortant in ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Is the number of specifically Crystalens IOL insertions/MD imortant in the outcome?

Any ophthalmologists or others with the experience who can extrapolate if the number of Crystalens insertions one's doctor has done would be expected to be reflected in the outcome.   My ophthalmologist indicated that, tho the Crystalens is a bit larger, the placement is not different than a standard IOL.  Therefore, since she places 10 IOL/week for a number of years, she feels I will achieve a result from her surgical procedure no different than I would from docs who have placed 100+ Crystalenses.  Feedback please.
Tags: crystalens, outcome, number of procedures
I think only the experience with the crystalens itself counts. The technique is much more demanding than a standard monofocal IOL.  So a surgeon that has done 10,000 standard monofocal, small incision IOLs but zero crystalens is going to be much less adept than someone that has done 100 crystalens and say 2000 standard IOLs.

JCH MD
Thank you
=