Eye Care Expert Forum
Is there a fix after cataract Surgery?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is there a fix after cataract Surgery?

I would like to know if there is anything that can be done to get both close/intermediate vision (like a seeing a computer screen) & Intermediate to long distance vision back after having cataract surgery?
If I were to have to wear reading glasses for really up close stuff, I'd be okay with that

I had minor blurriness, before the cataract surgery and since surgery I have had such bad vision I get major headaches trying to focus. I have tried 6+ times to get a pair of glasses to no avail.

After about a month after surgery last August 2012, the doctor admitted that he put in the wrong prescription lens  then told me that I would need "mini-lasik" to fix my vision. (he didn't offer to fix the problem, or do the lasik surgery himself).

This has been extremely frustrating.

1573381 tn?1296151159
Get a second opinion from a very experienced cataract surgeon and see what else can be done.  There are a couple of different options but the risks and benefits need to be carefully discussed with a very competent surgeon.

HV
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now