Eye Care Expert Forum
Itchy Eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Itchy Eye
Hi  for the past week or so my right eye has been very itchy. It itches around the rims and inner corner of my eye.also it feels like it itches inside the upper and lower lid. Its not really red or puffy unless I rub it. I haven't used any new skin or hair products and I don't wear contacts or glasses. also theres no discharge and I have no history of allergies, it just itches like crazy!! I haven't seen a dr. yet because I don't want to go if its nothing.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thank you!
Dear Ler13,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD. Usually, itching does suggest eye allergies but you do need an examination to determine the appropriate diagnosis and treatment.  If it is allergy, cold compresses may help.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Thank you somuch for your response!! I will make an appointment next week!!
A related discussion, what is my problrm was started.