Itchy Skin Outer Corner of Eyes
I have had red, irritated, itchy skin on the outer corner of my eyes...it's so itchy dry ..it gets scaly. I've
had this condition for over a month. It's dry itchy on both eyes...but only my right eye lid is puffy.

The eye dr. prescribed eye drops:
Pataday Opth Soln 2.5ml 0.2%
The drops haven't helped with the skin condition...the outer skin of my eyes is "SuPer" itchy!

Me: 36 years old, pretty much healthy
I've been a hard contact lens wearer for over 10 years. I worn the contacts since I've had the itchy skin.

I have been give Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream 0.1% for ecezma around the neck area. ( I know this cream shouldn't be used around the eye area)

Can you get ecezma around the eyes too?

The Eye Dr. told me I have allergies...first time I've been diagnosed with allergies.

Not sure what else to do? Is it really allergies or something else?

You should be re-checked by an eye md. Did you go to an Ophthalmologist? The doctor here might have some suggestions.
Maybe an allergist, too.
I wouldnt wear my contacts and try lid scrubs....use warm water and johnsons baby shamppo and clean your lids 2 or 3 times a day....I'd still check w/ the doctor but this could help w/ the lid irratation.
Yes, the Dr. I saw is an Ophtalmologist- by the way...she was rather young...not sure if that's good or bad...but anyways...yup, she just gave the RX for the eye drops & told me it was allergies.

I have tried the baby shampoo scrubs....but the main problem is on the outer part of the skin...you know how it should be normal looking around the eye...well mine is reddish..like if I have a streak of red eyeshadow outward to accent the eyes.

I hope the Dr. here has some suggestions for me too- Thanks for your comments.
I would say to use the search feature and search "dry eyes" and "blepharitis".  Another possible problem is your contact lens and/or the solutions you use to clean or steralize them.

You may need to stop wearing your contacts and have your Eye MD try a short course of a "safer" steroid such as lotemax to clear it up.

If you are female make up allergy or cosmetic allergy is also common.

JCH III MD