I've had a sty for well over 3 weeks

I've had a sty for over 3 weeks. I went to the doctor last week and he prescribed me Amoxicillin[tablets] and it really didn't do anything! Although before it was kinda pinkish and kinda blend into my skin and now it's white. I've been giving warm compressions once a day but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't know if eating tablets is going to help me get rid of a bacterial infection on my eyelid. Oh yeah, I went to see my general physician. I'm thinking of getting a referral for an opthamalogist because I'm a bit worried now. But is it normal to have a sty for that long? I remember I got it a long time ago and it went a away in about a week and a half.

Thank You
It may not be a stye but an infected chalazion which take much longer to go away. I suggest you get to a Eye MD   find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD