Eye Care Community
I've had a sty for well over 3 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I've had a sty for well over 3 weeks

I've had a sty for over 3 weeks. I went to the doctor last week and he prescribed me Amoxicillin[tablets] and it really didn't do anything! Although before it was kinda pinkish and kinda blend into my skin and now it's white. I've been giving warm compressions once a day but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't know if eating tablets is going to help me get rid of a bacterial infection on my eyelid. Oh yeah, I went to see my general physician. I'm thinking of getting a referral for an opthamalogist because I'm a bit worried now. But is it normal to have a sty for that long? I remember I got it a long time ago and it went a away in about a week and a half.

Thank You
It may not be a stye but an infected chalazion which take much longer to go away. I suggest you get to a Eye MD   find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD