Jones Tube
I have a Jones tube in my right eye.  I am 49 years old and have had the tube in since I had the surgery when I was 21.  The tube works fine as far as draining ect..  I have gone as long as 9 years without replacements.  I was told I should have it replaced at least every 2 years.  I am seeing my doctor more often as I get older as I am concerned with pressure, Macular Degenerative, Cataracs etc...  I have an appointment at the eye care center in Vancouver with my doctor in June 2010.  My biggest complaint with the Jones Tube is that it splatters tears on my glasses.  I am for ever having to clean the drops off my lenses.  Is there anyway of designing the tube so that the tears will be directed away from my eye glasses?  I try to inhale through my nose but there is always the unavoidable exhale causing the tears to shoot out like a squirt gun onto my glasses.  I do deal with it but it would be nice if it didn't happen so much.  Never the less, I still am quite happy with the results of my surgery. I had a car accident when I was 2 years old.  I grew up with some disfigeration and the discomfort of a watering eye that would not drain.  In the winters my eye lid would ofter freeze together.  Anyways, any improvements would be a good thing.

Keith    
By any metric you have had a good result.  I doubt that a but could be designed to do what you want it to do. Ask your occuloplastic surgeon during your next exam.

JCH MD