Eye Care Community
KERATOCONUS(SEROQUEL )

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

KERATOCONUS(SEROQUEL )

I believe seroquel caused my eye problems. My vision kept getting worse and worse on seroquel and i just found out i have a serious eye disease called KERATOCONUS. It is suppose to be genetic but no one in my family has this. So it has to be the seroquel. If anyone has eye problems on seroquel make sure you go to a cornea specialist and get checked fo KERATOCONUS. You could also give me a call at 8154822704.

This discussion is related to Seroquel and eye problems.
I'm sorry to hear about your keratoconus, but I don't think you can definitively infer that Seroquel is the cause.  I have not read of any studies that indicate a link between the drug and KC.  There definitely do seem to be genetic factors for developing kerotoconus, but from what I have read only 13-15% of people who have this condition have a family history of it.  The exact causes are unknown, but I have read that environmental and even the endocrine system could play a role.

There are some new treatments on the horizon which may help you, including a procedure called corneal collagen crosslinking, which has the possibility of arresting the progression of the condition, eventually allowing the cornea to be reshaped with laser surgery.  You may have seen these studies.  If not, and you are interested, send me a personal note and I can provide you with links to a couple of websites that may interest you.  
-